Chapter 24 (Edited)

We had landed about three hours ago and everyone was in their rooms sleeping since we were all jet-lagged. I wasn't exhausted so I started to go through the files of the guys who were after Percy. The leader went by the name of Valentin. The guy I shot and saw drop dead was Boris. The other guys were Gavriil, Salomon, and Lael. There was barely any information on these guys let alone any papers about their background.

I picked up the disposable phone and dialed Henry.

"Hey Sky, what can I do for yah?" Henry's voice came through the phone. "Well, I'm going to assume you know about the President's request of me?" I asked. "Yes I am aware and I am glad he trusted you with this. What can I do for you?" he acknowledged.

I looked down at the papers that were on the floor in front of me. "I need more information on these guys. I barely have anything to go on," I informed him. There was a brief pause and I almost thought we got disconnected until he spoke again.

"That's all we could find on them. Everything from the system has been wiped out," he mumbled in a low tone. My eyebrows rose in anger and frustration. "How the hell does a secret organization have no information let alone have it all whipped out!!" I yelled into the phone.

"Sky -"

"Don't freak Sky me! Did you know that they found me and they knew where Percy was? They even know I have powers so don't you dare come up with some bullshit or so help me I will make you regret it," I threatened.

"Do not forget who you are talking to Ms. Marran," Henry growled. "How am I supposed to kill these guys without anything on them? Tell me, Henry," I demanded. He let out an annoyed sigh, "Okay kiddo, I'll call the President and see what he has then call you back."

"I'll call you by the end of today because everyone is on the island," I mumbled.

"Alright, but I doubt we'll get anything on th-"

"FUCKING FIND SOMETHING!! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S A CHEWED GUN! GET IT!!" I yelled into the phone before throwing the phone across the room.

I felt my body enraged with anger. This was the most stressful mission I have ever done. I can't really use my powers because they know how to contain it. I have to protect the President's son and lastly, I have to do all that without any knowledge of them. No background, no DNA tests, nothing.

I took the pictures up from the floor and then settle them on my dresser before walking out. I made my way down into the kitchen to see some of the guys eating or working on the laptop mostly for security or weapon services for our house. I took out a beer from the fridge and walked out of the kitchen and onto the beach. I walked further away from the house, down to the shore. Letting out a sigh, I sat down on the hot sand and looked out to the ocean.

Where did I go wrong in life? How did I get this far? How did I even get here? I should have just crawled out from under the bench and saved my parents. I don't care if I would have turned into a lab rat. I rather have my parents than not have them at all. They were not just my parents but like a guardian towards all the guys. A parent they never had. The organization was nice to provide things for us and take care of us but sometimes they did a shit job at it. They did tests on me for some time until Henry told them to cut it out. Turns out I could also fly but I never fully maintained the ability. I only flew once when a warehouse blew up and the explosion impact kicked me out the window. Ten feet before hitting the ground, my reflex kicked in and I flew for about 10 seconds but crashed to the ground.

I crossed my legs and held my hand open on top of both knees. I focused my telekinesis on the water. I listened to the sound of the ocean crashing against the rocks and it washing up on the sand then retrieving back to where it came from. I closed my eyes and took the sounds and the smell of the beach in.