Chapter 19 (Edited)

(Song: Once in a While by Timeflies)

"I thought I would know better

That's wishful thinkin'

Thought there'd be no pressure

That's wishful drinkin'

Is anything forever or just a feeling?

What have I been so afraid of?

I don't know-"

For the past 2 hours, I have been driving around and forcing my voice to sing. I've honestly made progress as my self-healing had kicked in to repair it. I lowered the music and stopped singing once I came up to the crash site from yesterday. There were cop cars and yellow crime tape around the area along with ambulances. I mentally laugh knowing they couldn't save anyone since both Cindy and Jerry were dead. Jerry's car was there but I noticed my Lambo wasn't there. Where's my car? I slowly drove up to the cop that was directing the traffic and rolled down my window.

"What happened there?" I asked motioning towards the crash.

The officer bent down so he could make eye contact with me. "A guy crashed his car. We're guessing it was a suicide attempt."

"Guess?" I asked curious. Don't tell me he's alive.

"Yes, Ma'am. He somehow managed to live through the crash but he took a gunshot himself. This is all strange because his body was a little fried as if it got struck with electricity," the officer added.

"Asshole," I mumbled under my breath.

"Excuse me?" the officer said, clearing his throat.

My eyes widened and I thought of something quick. "I said I should go. I have to run somewhere and I'm going to be late," I lied.

He eyed me curiously but nodded. "Don't start speeding now or I'm gonna have to write you two tickets," he smirked.

"Two?" I questioned. Mostly you get only one ticket for speeding.

"Yeah. One for speeding and the other for being so beautiful," he smiled.

I sat there and smiled like an idiot. For once I felt normal. I know it sounds stupid but for a few, I felt free. I looked at him to see he was in his early 20s and had dark brown eyes. His uniform clung to him which made his muscles stick out. "I might have to write you another one for eye-raping me," he chuckled.

I felt my cheeks heating up. I was about to say something but my phone rang. I looked down at the caller id. It was Gabe. I declined the call and looked up to see the officer staring at me with a smile. I looked at his shirt to see his name was Leo. "Well it was nice talking with you but I got to run," I spoke then saw a frown that now replaced his smile.

"Hey well at least let me get your number," he suggested.

I shook my head slowly. "Sorry, but it's best if you don't get involved with me. It was nice knowing you though."

He was about to say something but was cut off by my phone ringing. I looked to see the caller id. This time it was James. I rolled my eyes and declined the call. "Well here just take my number in case you change your mind," he said, reaching for the car kit handle. He was about to open it halfway and I leaned over fast and slammed it shut.

See in every car the guys and I own, there's always a gun in the car kit just in case of mission runs or for emergencies. "What are you doing?" I asked, looking down at my hand that was over his.

"Uhh...I was just getting pen and paper to write my number down," he spoke with confusion.

I removed my hand and looked at him. "You have to ask first," I mumbled. "You can't just open things like it was your own."

"Sorry I didn't mean to -"

He was once again cut off by my phone. I reached for my phone that was in the cup holder but it wasn't there. I listened for the ring and realized it must of fell under the passenger seat when I leaned over. I leaned over again and felt under the seat. Once I felt my phone I pulled myself up and looked at the caller id. It was Lucifer and of course, I declined the call.

"Here, I'll let you go. You seem pretty busy and here's your glasses," the office spoke.

Crap my bruises. He can't see my face. From the corner of my eye, I saw him holding out his hand with my glasses. I took it and slipped it on. "Thanks and it was nice chatting with you," I lied with my eyes on the road.

"Likewise," his voice sounded distant. I rolled up the passenger window and decided to head home.

As I drove up to the house, I noticed 2 black cars and 1 familiar car that belonged to Henry. I parked in the garage and walked up to the front entrance. Two guards were in front of the door in black suits. I went for the doorknob but was stopped.

"Who are you?" one of the buff guys asked.

"The owner of this mansion. Now move," I ordered. Their eyes widened and just like that they moved.

I opened the door and walked in. My eyes widened in shock and my jaw almost hit the floor.

"Skylar Marran," the recognizable man in the suit smiled.

"Mr. President," I managed to choke out in shock.