Chapter 17

Alari helped Nevermore into the now dirtied home. "He could have just pinned you against the wall or something. Rain is coming down right about-" she was cut off by a flash of lightning and the sound of rain beating onto the ground. "Great. Just great." Nevermore growled and gripped his coat where the rib had been broken. This wasn't going to go well at all. He noticed that with every breath, the pain would shoot through his torso.

It has been two months since the incident with Zane. Nevermore was healed but the relationship between him and Alari needed work...She didn't feel like he loved her still...She had a thought that would soon start eating away her sanity, maybe he didn't love her at all anymore...Maybe he is only staying for her sake and the contract's?

Alari was getting ready around 7 am for her job. Nevermore was sleeping still in the room down the hall from hers. She was putting on her shoes when she felt something warm slide down her right cheek. She was...crying? She swatted away the tears but it resulted in more pouring out of both eyes and onto her jeans. Alari found herself saying quietly, nothing but raw emotion in her words, "Maybe he doesn't love me..."

She quickly got finished getting ready and left the manor. Alari couldn't bare to see him in her state. Nevermore woke up and looked around, he stretched and got ready. His butler attire a bit messy for he had been half asleep. He just finished the tie when he felt someone pinning him against the corridor wall. He instantly grabbed the wrist but felt the assailant tighten their grip. "Struggle and I'll choke you more. Just stay still until we get there." a eerily familiar voice hushed. Nevermore looked at the face of his attacker. No other than, "L-Lucifer...you sadistic fuck."

"Ah ah ah! Insults to your boss will only increase the punishment." Lucifer laughed. Soon he disappeared bringing Nevermore with him. When they arrived at the Hell Palace, Lucifer threw the wolf demon onto the ground. A thud sounded along with the soft coughing for air. "Now, admit it. Admit you had an affair. Admit you broken many of the demon laws, along with the human laws." He snapped at Nevermore. Other demons had been present and many respected the Michaelis family.(Basically saying that if Nevermore admitted it was true in front of the demons, he would have shamed the family name and well, be forced to earn his way back to the top.) Nevermore knew he couldn't. He wouldn't...Even if it meant that Lucifer would cut him down with the demon sword.

He looked up at the sadistic devil and growled, "Do you really expect me to admit to it all? Knowing it could result in great shame for my father and the family for generations? You're dumber than you look..." The bystanders gasped in shock from the confidence in his words. Lucifer growled and leaned down to his eye level since he was still on the ground, "You're going to regret that...Looks like you would need some help with getting to the hospital..." Nevermore widened his eyes as he felt two demons hold him up for Lucifer to beat him.

It felt like centuries before he was transported back to the Human world and left there to suffer. he was placed outside the manor. It was dark out and Alari had been searching for him the entire day. She decided to look outside for him and once she opened the front doors, she saw him on his side, bleeding on the ground, his attire torn in places, blood staining the usual pearl white shirt underneath. He was 50 feet away it looked like. She gasped in horror and ran to him, "Nevermore!!" His eyes were closed and it seemed that he would be hospitalized. "Oh Nevermore...Who could do this to you...?"

She called an ambulance and no later than 10 minutes did they get there. "Name?" one of the medics asked. She responded after getting in with Nevermore and pushes some of his hair from his face.

"Nevermore Michaelis."

"Occupation?"

"Head butler of the Blood Estate."

"Age?"

"He is um...well, I forgot his age."

"Okay do you know his date of birth?"

"Um..heh....No..."

"Ma'am, we understand this is shocking but this is important infor-"

The medic was cut off as Nevermore opened his eyes and muttered, "October 31st 1994..." But Alari and him both knew he was WELL over the age 22. He was born in 425 A.D. As forms of information was filled out for Nevermore, they arrived at the E.R.

The doctor had told them he would have to be hospitalized for about two weeks. Neither of the two liked it one bit. But Alari nodded, "Ill just take my vacation now and make it up later." she smiled faintly. Nevermore was being hospitalized for two weeks...