Chapter 11

Nevermore walked in, a smile on his face slightly. Alari was playing with Bunny when he came in. "Sooo how it go?" She asked in her happy bubbily personality. He chuckled, "Not as bad as I thought honestly. We did reform the bonds we previously had." He walked to her as she sat down, he pulled off his gloves and set them beside her. Nevermore placed his hands on her shoulders, leaning down. She turned her head and their lips connected in a very loving kiss.

She broke away for air and laughed, "You are quite the kisser. One hell of a kisser." She smirked, referring to his father's original saying, 'I am one hell of a butler.' He laughed. "Dont drag father into this." He smiled and once again gave her a kiss before going to the kitchen but stopped once he saw someone already there. "Um...Alari? Did you by any chance open Hell's Gate?"

"No why?" She called. Nevermore gulped and took a step to the man. He laughed in Nevermore's face, "Hahahaha! You think I didn't know about the affair you two have?" The man gave him a smirk, and Nevermore widened his eyes in fear, "Lucifer....What are you doing here? " Lucifer shook his head, his black eyes scanning him, "Oh you know. Just checking up on my favorite demon." He mocked at Nevermore. 

Alari was getting worried for she heard another voice in the kitchen, "Nevermore? You alright? Whos in there with you?" She began to approach the kitchen, but Nevermore called out, "Nothing just... Just stay there! I'll let you know when you... When you can come in. " Nevermore kept his eyes on the vile devil as he shouted to his lover. Lucifer just laughed mockingly at him again, "Hehehe... You know... I did say that love between a human and a demon is forbidden... You must have forgotten the consequences if that law is broken... " He smirked as he walked to Nevermore and traced his finger across the demon's throat. He noticed the slight bruises, "Your brother must have given you quite the thrashing. Hehe.. "

Nevermore just curled his lip slightly in a snarl but had said nothing. Lucifer circled him like a vulture around a dead carcass. "You see, the consequence is usually death but. Who knows... I can give you yet another chance to straighten yourself out. You have until the next full moon. It's a waxing crescent at the moment. Better hurry. " Lucifer stated matter of factily. He snapped his fingers and disappeared, laughing.

Nevermore stared where he was. Fear glued him to the tile floor and closed his throat. Unable to speak for a few seconds. Alari had watched just a few yards away, "Who was that...? " Nevermore turned and looked at her, "The devil. And he isn't happy with us. Not one bit. " The two fell silent thinking, 'what have we gotten ourselves into?'