Chapter 15

Aijo continued to come back when Alari wasn't home and Zane would be watching, unseen by niether her nor his brother. After Aijo had left, Alari came back in time to see her exit the property. She grew curious and went inside with a questioning look. "So, who was that?" she asked Nevermore. He froze and became nervous, "She was asking for directions. "

"To where?" She said, yanking His tie playfully. He laughed a little and responded, "To the west part of London. " she nodded satisfied and began to walk to her room.

Zane quietly came through the window and quickly pinned him to the wall, "You better make sure that woman never comes back. I know what you two have been up to and I don't like it one damn bit. " Zane growled in a low tone. Nevermore sighed, "I know. Just don't tell her. Okay? I'll get rid of Aijo and act like nothing happened. " But Zane wasn't satisfied and was about to throw him across the room when Alari's suddenly appeared and gasped, "Zane? Why are you...? " she asked confused and quickly hurried down the stairs and between the two demons. Nevermore avoided her gaze as Zane glared daggers at him head on. "I believe Nevermore has something to explain to you... " he spat. Alari looked at her love and felt hurt when he closed his eyes, "What is he talking about? "

Nevermore didn't say anything. Zane just growled more and began to explain, "There's a girl. Aijo is her name, that has been coming over for the past few days! But I guess Nevermore here is too much of a coward to admit it! " His brother opened his eyes to show they were glazed with sadness and shame. Alari began to tear up and yelled out of anger and betrayal, "Is this true!? Did you sleep with this..  Aijo woman!?" Silence. "Answer me!! " The wolf demon spoke softly, "Yes... " Alari slapped him across his face as hard as she could before saying choking back tears, "I wish I never summoned you... " With that she ran out the house, Zane followed her. Leaving behind Nevermore. He knew this was bound to happen. He should have stopped this all sooner.