4- Like A Vacation

Comincia dall'inizio

"Round of shots, please." Poussey drops money on the counter and the bartender takes it before I have time to process it.

I grab Poussey's arm but it's too late. "Wait, no! You can't pay!" I feel bad that she's paying for me.

"Relax, it's fine. You can pay next time." Poussey winks at me as she drinks the shot in one go.

"Next time?" I repeat with a smile. Poussey nods as she reaches for another glass. She hands it to me and I take it.

At the same time, we take the shot. The burning sensation and bitterness doesn't seem to effect Poussey judging by her expression not changing unlike mine. My face morphs into disgust as I try swallow it down. Poussey laughs and cheers me on over the loud music. I squeeze my eyes shut when the liquid finally goes down completely.

"That was horrible!" I laugh as I lean forward towards her ear. "Let's do it again!"

Poussey cracks up as she hands me another shot, and another, and another, until I can barely stand straight. My head feels light but I feel energised. It's good feeling.

"Let's dance!" I slur as I grab Poussey's hand and drag- literally drag- her towards the sweaty crowd. I push past all the bodies until we are right in the heart of the dance floor. I hear cheering besides me and turn to see Georgia coming toward us, hands in the air as she holds two small bottles of what looks like vodka in her hands.

"Where have you been?!" Poussey asks as she takes one of the bottles from Georgia.

"I don't even know, all I know is that I just ate some good tasting pussy." Georgia replies and I can't tell if she's serious or not, although judging by her purple lipstick smeared down her chin, I take her word.

Poussey doesn't seem bothered by this, and I'm a bit confused.

I pull Poussey towards me and scream over the music. "Aren't you two a couple?"

"No, we're just friends." She screams back.

"Can I?" I gesture to the bottle in her hand. Poussey smiles.

"You're such a lightweight, I drank the same amount as you and I'm not as drunk as you right now." She laughs.

I blow a raspberry and toss my hand. "I'm not even drunk!"

"Oh I believe you, I really do." Poussey jokes as she opens the bottle and takes a swig.

She passes it to me and I take it greedily, before chugging down the rest of the contents inside. Poussey's eyes widen as she watches me empty the bottle.

I nearly drop the bottle when I catch my breath, but Poussey takes it from me. "Are you okay?"

"I'm f-fine." I reply as I extend the sound of the 'f'. I wobble around a bit as I attempt to dance. Now I really can't see straight.

"Do you want to go home?"

"No! I'm loving life right now!" I say as I jump around.

Poussey copies me and we both dance while Georgia grabs a guy from behind and clings to him like a monkey.

Only three hours later and I no longer feel like I'm in my own body anymore. Poussey and I sit on a red leather couch in a secluded area of the club. I pull off my shoes and toss them to the side, before bringing my feet up on the couch and leaning on Poussey.