Chapter 18

Percy's POV

I entered the infirmary, my mind on Piper. I walked up to some Apollo kid that wasn't helping out with the burial, I think his name was Henry. "You," I pointed at him he looked at me, then he came over. "Yes?" He asked, "Henry right?" He nodded. "Can I see my teammate Pi- I mean Charm?" I asked quickly correcting myself. "Yes of course, come with me." And he lead me to Pipers room, Henry opened the door and I walked in. Henry was turning to leave, but I stopped him "Wait." He turned back around. "Can you give me information on how she is doing?" I ask, he nods. "She seems to be in some sort of comma, whatever hit her, hit her hard. And lately we've been noticing their body heat decreases, and suddenly goes back to normal." Henry informs, I nod "Anything else?" I question, he shakes his head, "Thank you." I sigh, "You're welcome." He replies and then leaves. I walk over to where Piper was laying, I smile seeing as she seemed to be resting peacefully. I remove the cloak that covered her face, Remika had place it on her so no one knew Pipers identity, and whenever one if the "doctors" came in to check on her one of us had to be here to make sure they didn't take off her cloak. I tucked a piece of hair behind Pipers ear smiling again, soon finding my cheeks growing red, what? I shook my head, and continued to watch her, then she started spazzing out, okay not a comma, that does not happen when you're in a comma, I repeat NOT COMMA!! My brain started freaking out, I didn't know what to do, then Piper started mumbling things. I couldn't understand what she was saying but then the she stopped and said "Help." Loud enough for me to hear, then she fell limp.

Annabeth's POV

I couldn't believe it...Nico was dead. Someone killed him. But who? I was calculating the person at camp who could've done such a thing. Finally something to get your mind off Percy. My brain told me, I shook my head, whatever. I responded back to the inner voice. I sat outside watching Chiron and many of the campers getting the burial prepared, many of the camp activities were cancelled, but some campers continued doing the open activities. Okay we've narrowed it down to 10 people. Another voice in my head told me, thanks. I replied to the other inner voice, I went back to my cabin and took out a sheet of paper and a pen, and cracked my knuckles, Now time to narrow it down to 3. I smiled.

Third Person

As almost everyone the nymphs, campers and an occasional satyr, contributed to making the burial for the son of Hades, one camper stood out from everyone. His once electric blue eyes now glowing a faint a red and brown mixture, glowering at the effort they were all putting into doing the burial, "Well Nico's not so important anyway, right now main target Piper." His sick smile appeared once again on his face, and he hid the dagger he would use, by pulling his shirt more over it. "Get ready Miss commander."