Axel hated lying but in this case, he had to. At least it wasn't a complete lie. Alec nodded in understanding and left the room with Clary following.

Axel's sheepish look turned into a glare. Jace swallowed forcefully in fear when he saw that the glare was on him. Axel took three strides towards him and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. The demon slammed the Shadowhunter on the wall. Axel's eyes flickered into a glowing turquoise making him look more menacing.

"It seems that you like Clary and it goes the same for her so I won't be the brother that makes the girls life miserable by separating them. I swear to god if you hurt her or she cries because of you, I'll be there laughing at you while I torture you until you forget your own name and die. Okay, blondie?"

Jace nodded and thanked the angels when Alec and Clary came back. Axel immediately stopped glaring and took a step away from him. Isabelle was quietly laughing at Jace's fearful face. She had no worries about the threat since Axel liked her brother and if he killed Jace, Alec would never be with him.

"What happened her - Huh?" Clary stopped, hearing the loud beeping. Her face scrunched up in confusion. The Lightwood sibling and the Knight rushed towards the monitor. Seeing the red on it, Axel deduced that a demon was in the perimeter. Alec's hand immediately found Axels.

Jace fixed his shirt and cleared his throat before saying, "There's something outside the perimeter."

"No shit, dumbass." Axel said in frustration. Alec rubbed his arm, hoping it would calm him.

"I told you-"

"Don't say it." Jace cut his parabatai off and walked towards the weapons.

"Don't cut him off, blondie." Axel snarled at him and waited for the Shadowhunters to get the weapons. Alec rolled his eyes and whispered that it was okay in his ear. Alec ignored the blush creeping up Axel's neck but couldn't help but smile in accomplishment.

"What's happening?" Clary asked in confusion. Isabelle sighed but answered her question.

"Someone's trying to break in. Could be the Circle."

"Told you so." Alec said with humour lacing his words. Axel smiled at him and help him get his bow and his quivers.

"Too soon." Jace sighed. The Shadowhunters all walked out with the demon following them. Axel easily felt who was there and his tense figure relaxed. He knew that it was Simon who was now a fledging and the vampire he threatened before. Axel whistled a soft tune and waited for them to realize who it was.

"Don't move. Drop what you're holding. Put your hands up." Jace ordered, seeing a silhouette. The dark figure turned and when the moonlight hit their faces, Clary gasped in recognition. Tears came to her eyes as she realized what maybe happened to her best friend.

"Oh, my God, Simon!" Clary shouted, breathing heavily. Her hands covered her mouth. She walked towards them mumbling no all over again under her breath. She could hardly believe her eyes. Axel stopped his whistling and knew it was time to comfort her little sister.

Axel liked Simon but he was used to seeing people around him die. Axel wrapped his arm around his sister and let her squeeze the life out of him, knowing that she needed something to hold her together.