XXXI

After the rules being explained and deciding who'll go and whatnot, the participants were at the Vongola's base... In a circle.

"Vongola... FIGHT!"

"That really does pump you up, huh?" Yamamoto questioned with a large smile as Gokudera covered his face, grumbling under his breath.

I placed a hand over my mouth, laughing lightly. I nudged the silverette, dropping my hand. "We have to lift our spirits to defeat the enemy or else we'll lose!"

Gokudera locked his eyes with mine and suddenly held my hands tightly with determination in his eyes. "This time I'll protect you and I won't fail!"

I blinked and smiled softly, nodding. "Alright~!"

Shoichi had a poker face as he watched the two. "By the way, about our strategy..."

That caused me to look at him, paying close attention as I pulled away from Gokudera's hold.

"As such, Spanner and I will remain here, analyzing the relevant data and giving commands, so I would like the rest of you to divide into a defensive and an offensive force. Based on your combat styles, I feel that Gokudera-kun would be best suited to defense, and Tsunayoshi-kun and Yamamoto-kun to offense." Shoichi's green eyes trailed to the twin sister. "[Name]-san, you're also going to be de—"

"Actually..." I had a sheepish expression, "is it alright if I may be both? You know, just in case?"

He blinked. "Oh... Um, sure...?"

Gokudera snapped at Shoichi again. "Hey! How many times do I have to tell you?! Don't go giving out orders witho—"

"Gokudera! It's okay with Tsuna and I..." I glanced at my brother, "right?"

The brunette male nodded his head. "Yeah. It sounds like a good plan... And Irie-kun is the one who has experienced playing Choice, after all..."

"HMPH." Gokudera pouted out his lips, "well, if the tenth and princess say so..."

I grinned, "alright! Now, let's get moving~"

The boys agreed and ran to their positions. The fighters got on their bikes and Irie made the sheets fall off their base and opened the doors.

"Move out!"

Yamamoto, Tsuna, [Name], and Gokudera were already on the move, driving to their positions and Shoichi already began to guide Tsuna through the intercom where he plans a surprise for Torikabuto.

After Torikabuto shot the dummy of Tsuna, the real Tsuna appeared behind the illusionist, his orange eyes brightening up. "Too slow."

He landed a punch on the illusionist, sending him flying to the building in front of them. Tsuna was a bit taken back when he noticed the building didn't shatter a bit.

Cervello appeared Tsuna and told him that the skyscrapers of the Lightning arena are coated with lightning-element 'hardening' flames and more than twenty times as sturdy as original buildings.

Suddenly, Tsuna is overwhelmed by Torikabuto's attacks until he releases his box weapon, the Sky Lion Natsu. Torikabuto surrounds Tsuna with projectile attacks and seemingly impales him in a sphere of needles. However, Tsuna transforms Natsu into a cloak and wards off the attack.