XXVI

Irie reveals that he is on the Vongola's side, and that all the events that have occurred was a plan devised by Shouichi along with future Tsuna and future Hibari in order to train their past selves to defeat Byakuran. Shoichi reveals that the next step of the plan will depend on the Millefiore base invasion in Italy, which is led by the Varia.

By the mention of them, I internally panicked since they don't know where I am, but I hoped they didn't hate me.

I had taken off the Millefiore uniform and I was wearing a short sleeved somewhat baggy shirt with a pair of jeans. I watched as the injured Vongola members were being treated. I, myself, was far away from the rest as I was attending one of Tsuna's injuries— the 'X' on his back. I found it quite ironic and as I was gently wrapping adhesive bandage tape around his torso (yes, he was shirtless. That's why we were far away from the rest), I spoke up.

"You know..."

Tsuna slightly lifted up his head, humming, telling me to continue.

"This injury is quite ironic." I clipped the bandage together. "It's an X and you're Vongola Decimo...~"

Tsuna paled as he seemed to have realized it. He face palmed. "Oh, c'mon!"

I laughed lightly and heard Tsuna grumble under his breath as he put the top piece of his clothes back on.

Reborn then asks Irie about Byakuran's power.

By just hearing that devil's name, it frightened me. As Irie was explaining it to them, Noelle and Tsuna noticed the fear hidden in the my eyes.

I couldn't handle it as the memories Byakuran showed me once started playing... It was the world in flames, the world destroyed. I wasn't really paying attention to what was happening until I heard Reborn saying that Varia had won the main battle in Italy, giving them the advantage to win against Byakuran.

"Incredible... No wonder they're Varia..." Tsuna murmured and I managed to smile. Tsuna looked at me, "now, all that's left is to beat Byakuran."

The happy news couldn't linger any further. I froze as I heard a familiar voice echoing the broken lab.

"Oh, no. This is merely a break. Both the main battle in Italy... And the Melone Base in Japan... You've been most entertaining." A red hologram of Byakuran appeared before them.

Everyone looked at the hologram and Tsuna instantly stood in front of me.

"This pre-game battle had a very important purpose, you know. Like, you've shown me the true strength of the strongest Vongola squad. And it was entertaining to watch Sho-chan try to fool me at Merone Base."

Shoichi's eyes widen. "Th-Then you knew I was trying to..."

"Yup, busted~"

Noelle knit her brow, starting to feel something wasn't right. Something was off. Her eyes trailed to me. Byakuran then stated that he wants to have an official battle between the Vongola and the Millefiore in a battle of Choice with the 8³ (Tri-ne-otto) Policy on the line.

"Wait, Byakuran-san! You sent five to the Merone Base here in Japan. One in Italy. Six of the seven Funeral Wreaths were deployed. And you've lost six of the eight Mare Rings. You're just a bird with clipped wings." Irie explained and Byakuran hummed, something I learned to not like.