Chapter Eleven

Gumi's POV

    As soon as I said those words Kaito ran behind my house.

    "Hey! Wait!"

    I ran after him but when I got there he was no where to be seen... It was really dark so I couldn't see anything...

    "Kaito!" I yelled out

    I tried to walk around, but then out of no where there was a splash and I couldn't see.

    "Hey! What is this?!"

   I then stepped on something hard. I looked down to see something glint in the dim moonlight. I picked up the item and saw it was a bloody knife... then I realized I was splashed with a dark red water...

    "Gumi-Chan..."

   I looked behind me to see Kaito staring at me with a blank stare.

   "Look what you've done..."

    "What... what are you talking about...?!" I cried.

    "That innocent girl... you killed her... because you love Len-Kun..."

   An insane grin grew on his face.

   "I... I never..."

   That's when I finally saw it...

   The dead body of a girl in her teen years lying in the grass. Her chest and stomach were covered in multiple stab wounds.

   "You... all of it was you...!" I cried.

    I heard police sirens in the distance, getting closer to us. Kaito smirked at me while taking a few steps back, his red eyes almost glowing.

    "W̬̭̙̣̹̩ͭ͒̎͌ï̡͛̉̽̓̀l̷̫̦̞̝̋̋̇͛ḷ͇̮̥̮ ͈̺͓̳ͤ͒̂̽̓T͇̑͒H̙͚ͮ́̀ë͏̙̯̻̖̙͇y͍̝̼͈̟̗͚̆͑̊͌̀͆̉ ̩ͦ͑͟ͅB̀͛̐̽̓̓͜e̖̘ͬ̒͐ͦ̈͘l̢̥̘͎͉͈͔̟̓̒̂̆́͂ͪi̙̫̳ͧ͒̍̎͝E͔͈͍̙͢Vͪ͛̿̉̈́̊ê͈͉̞̲̪͔̼̋̅̿ͥ̄ͥ ͗̈̃ͧy̦Ő̭͔̦̺̩̺̼̒͌̈͞ȕ̺͕̙͔̺̟̹̃ͨ̓̌ͯ?̽ͤ҉̪ͅ"

  Kaito turned away and disappeared into the surrounding trees.

   "W-Wait! Stop!!"

   I screamed at him, but hated myself for it after...

   Police officers with guns came around the house and aimed their weapons at me.

    "Stand down! Drop your weapon!"

   I did as told.

    I saw Akaito standing behind them looking terrified.

   "That's her! She's the one responsible for those murders! Look, she's already killed someone else!" He alleged.

   "N-No! I didn't I swear! It's a lie!" I said.

   There wasn't any use in fighting... I was grabbed and my arms were cuffed behind my back.

    "Alright, let's go!"

   They started to drag me away to a car. Terrified, I started to kick and scream, but they only forced me harder. That bastard Akaito watch with a grin.

   "No! Please! This isn't true! PLEASE!!"

————

    Kaito's POV

    I watched her get dragged off.

    This was all to easy! I was glad Akaito managed to set all if this up for me! Although I was unsure who the girl he killed was, I didn't care.

    I hope this kills any suspicion Rin had toward me—!

    Wͪ̄͂ͩ͞h͇̼̍͑͒A̶̹̰͗͌̒ͧ̂̄T̝̥̦̑̒̈́̚ ̰̥̲͇̘͎̥̇̿ͦͦ́h̛̦͓̖̘͚̠̝̓̋a̩̩͍̫͔̳V͙̩͚ͫ̊ͅe̠͕͎͐́ͬ͋ ̴̮̖̫̲̘̠̮̃͋ͤ͌Y̍̀̑O̖͕̫͕ͦͨ̏̐̓ͫ̚u̪̳͖͍͖̐̀͆͠ͅ ̛̩̣͇͙͙̥͕̓d͖̬̗͓̪̈͊̓ͯ̏ͨͥ́o̜͙̎̾̌̃̓͊ͬ͜n̪̖̗͔̦̩̾͊͗ͥͫ̏Ȅ̴̬̬̗͇͔̓̄,̸͕͕̻̦ ̢̄̅L̨̗͇͎̞̆O̙̞̘̅ͫ͋̏͡o̢̲̘k̠̏͌͋ ͖̝̹͔̙ͫ̊̂́ͦ͑ạ̣͚̣͇̟̔ͮ͊̇́t̹͎̪͠ ̶̭̼̳̭͗̃́̐ͮͫt̙̬̮̮̼̓͒̃͑̾͆͘ḩ̣͇̪͙͔̱̼̽̾ͮ̔̅̃̈i̢̖̝̫͋͐̎̾S̠̯͆̌̑̑ͤͧͬ ̡̘͎̮̌̈́ͣ͆̏̍W̺̟̬̤ͣ̑͗H̲̤̰͖̪ͩ́̽ͪ̈́͜ͅA̶̞̫̜̝͂̽͂̐̀T̪̫ͫ̅̋͑͜ͅ ̜̙͠H̖͈̣̱͂ͤ̃ͧ̄̏ͥA̞̮̖̳͖̱ͣ̆̂̂̊̾V͎̝̱͎̿̀͛̆̍͋͒ͅE̹̰͉̮ ̂Y̋͛̆ͪ͂Õͣ̊̅͠Ű̩̺͎͍͈̠̫ͧ͛̌͟-̩͍ͦ͗̊͐̆̒ͦ

    ....

    ....

    ....

    What have I forgotten...?

N E X T  D A Y

    "WAKE UP!"

    I woke up to see Miku sitting on top of me. I groaned and put my hands over my face.

    "What nooowww...."

    "Gumi got captured last night! She was the one behind the murders, you gotta read the news it's—oh, pretty ring!"

    I looked at the ring on my finger.

    "Yeah, Len gave it to me for my birthday..." I said.

    "Aawwww! Cute!" Miku said, suddenly forgetting what she had been talking about.

    A knock rang from my door and Len peeked in.

    "Good morning..." He said softly.

    "Morning!" Miku beamed.

    "Miku, can I talk to Kaito alone for a second?" Len asked.

    "Ok! Use a condom Kaito!"

    "MIKU WHAT THE HELL?!" I cried.

   Miku ran out before I could say anything else. Len sat beside me, blush on his face.

   "I wanted to talk to you... about the murders..." he said.

   I sat up more so I could see his eyes better.

   "What's wrong?" I asked.

————

   Len's POV

   "Well... t-to be honest... I..."

   How was I supposed to tell him I thought he was a murderer to his face?

   "Len come on. You can tell me anything." Kaito said taking my hand.

  I glanced at him. I can't lie. He looks pretty cute with bed hair... I held my breath then spoke after holding it for a few seconds.

   "I... I thought you were behind them..."  I said.

   "I mean... the girls that died loved me. A-And you... they way you flirted with me... I just... I thought you were the one doing it..."

   Kaito made a look of disbelief.

   I shouldn't have said that... I held myself and started to sob quietly.

   "I'm s-sorry..." I said.

   I heard Kaito laugh then felt his arms around me.

   "Don't be. I'm not upset at all. I actually do kinda like you Len... I think you're really cute... but I'm not crazy enough to kill people!" Kaito said.

   I felt stiff.

    "Y-You really think I'm cute...?" I asked.

   Kaito smiled at me and dried tears from my eyes with his thumbs.

   "Yeah. I've liked you for a while now... but I could never tell you... so... will you go out with me Lenny?" He asked.

   I blushed harder but felt myself beginning to smile.

   "Y-Yes... I will..." I said.

   The next thing I know a pair of lips are softly pressed against mine...