Chapter 39: Truths

No one POV

(F,n) stayed hidden in plain sight, pondering on whether or not she should go back and get her phone. Obviously, Adrien was heading to her house. But she could pretend to be a family member. On the other hand, Adrien would be suspicious.

"What are you doing master?"

(F,n) jumped, and turned around, only to see her newest kwami staring back at her. She looked around, and thankfully Adrien wasn't nearby.

"How did you know it was me?!?"

She yelled at Nooroo in a hushed tone, making it obvious that she didn't want attention. Nooroo saw the hint and put a stub to where a human ear would be, signaling for her to get her phone out and pretend she was making a call. (F,n) shook her head.

"I don't have my phone. It's back at home. But right now, I want to avoid Adrien. Help?"

Nooroo placed his right stub on his chin and hummed. Then he pointed to himself.

"I'll get it."

"What? But won't Adrien follow you???"

Nooroo shook his head and smiled.

"I have to do it. You're my master and top priority. I cannot-"

"Wrong. I am not your master Nooroo. I'm your friend. I refuse to let you get interrogated or something by Adrien..... You know what? Nevermind. Now come on, you look a bit hungry. Let's eat. Forget about my phone for now ok? What do you want?"

(F,n) started walking, expecting Nooroo to follow. She felt sympathy for what he must have gone through, so she was going to try and change his formal ways. Friends before boys anyway. A few paces forward, and the girl realized that her kwami wasn't following her.

She turned around, and saw Nooroo on the verge of crying, with a quivering lip. (F,n) knew what to do, after all, her friends have done the same thing while she was in Nooroo's state. She walked to him slowly, not wanting to shock him. Then, she did what a real friend would do.

She hugged him.

Being a kwami and human, the hug wasn't an actual hug, but (F,n) holding Nooroo by her chest while he cried.

"Just let it out..... It's ok.... You don't have to suffer anymore."

Back with Adrien, he was running towards (F,n)'s house to apologize. He didn't mean any of it, but he was upset about not being able to keep his other best friend, Plagg, and possibly never see him again. It was a horrible thing to think about to him, one of the worse. He calmed down, and wanted to let (F,n) know that he wanted another chance. Being the stubborn girl she was, it would take only a little bit of effort. According to Plagg's suddenly sarcastic self anyway.

"Why do you like her like that anyway? She's like, mentally unstable! You can do better. I mean, I like her, but boy, she can be a bit annoying sometimes."

Adrien scoffed at Plagg, but smiled nonetheless.

"She's perfectly imperfect, and I love her. I just... Wanna protect her, you know? Her past is kind of messed up, so I want to help! And plus, she reminds me of a childhood friend. I forgot her face and name, but I remember what we did, and her voice. And.... I kind of... Like laughing at her clumsiness."

"Those are.... Pretty good reasons actually. Right Nooroo? Nooroo?"

But Nooroo wasn't there. He was with (F,n), a fact not known by the two. Adrien kept forward. Plagg followed, laughing hysterically.

"Ah, just like old times. Nooroo will be back, don't worry about it."

Adrien chuckled a bit at Plagg's carelessness about his friends. Seeing his kwami next to him made him happy. After all, the kwami guardian let him and Ladybug keep their kwamis, thanks to Nooroo. The butterfly kwami could tell that Adrien was only yelling at (F,n) in blind anger and jealousy, and after the call, Nooroo went back to convince the master to let Plagg and Tikki stay with their rightful owners. He was successful, and told Adrien and Plagg.

At that moment, Adrien never felt more guilty in his life.

And now, he was trying to fix it. As he saw (F,n)'s house in view, Adrien's eyes lit up and he ran faster, not caring about his dying legs. It wasn't important right now. Plagg easily caught up with his speed. They turned to her front door and the boy knocked eagerly. The kwami, however, went through the door and opened it for his friend, then flew straight to the fridge. Typical. Adrien rolled his eyes at his kwami's usual behavior, and started his search around the house.

At the park, (F,n) and Nooroo hid from Adrien, and Nooroo explained the situation to (F,n), telling her what he did and just a summary of what happened. The girl didn't know what to think, so she just didn't. All if her mixed feelings clashed, making her heart thump wildly in her chest. Her pride got the best of her, and she walked farther from her house, still carrying her kwami.

"W-wait! Aren't you going to apologize?"

She sighed, stopping in her tracks. Nooroo looked at her eyes, searching for her ambitions.

"Nooroo, I just can't say sorry that easily to him in that situation. I want to punch him, then hug him, then kick his nuts, then kiss him.... Yeah, kind of confusing. Let me take my time, and let's go eat something. Where do you want to go?"

Nooroo nodded, accepting her decision with a sigh. Take off some steam.

"Let's go to..... Les Deux Moulons?"

"No way! That's too expensive."

"Hehe, I was just kidding, let's go to a bakery and get a croissant or a baguette, ok?"

"It's okay for me! Let's go!"

And off they went, to the nearest bakery to get both a baguette and a croissant. They passed Marinette's bakery first, and (F,n) pondered on whether or not she should go in. After some positive support from Nooroo, she went in. Marinette was at the counter, looking distressed. (F,n) lowered her mask.

"Marinette?"

She shook her head and muttered something to herself, before turning her head to (F,n). As soon as she saw her, she gasped shortly and ran around the counter to her.

"(F,n)! Are you okay? You left before I could consult you and you wouldn't pick up your phone. I was worried. Also.... Why are you wearing that?"

(F,n) laughed awkwardly.

"Hehehe.... About that... I'm hiding from Adrien, I'm hungry, and I have news."

"I'm not even going to ask..."

"Don't worry! It's good news! Thanks to my kwami, you can keep Tikki!"

Her eyes widened as her lips curved up in a smile. Tikki couldn't come out because of publicity.

"(F,n) how are you so awesome? I guess that's why he likes you..... Er, anyway! What do you want? It's on me, since I owe your kwami."

"One croissant and a baguette please!"

Marinette nodded and went to get her items, tripping once, but not falling.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine!"

-Timeskip-

Marinette handed the bag to (F,n), and ushered her out of the store. (F,n) put her mask back on and thanked her friend for the free items.

"You're welcome! I owe you guys, so share! Bye!"

The two waved to each other as (F,n) and a hiding Nooroo left to go on their adventure in hiding. The girl looked into her bag and saw their baguette..... Along with 8 croissants. (F,n) smiled to herself, thanking Marinette again in her mind.

(AN MY LAST CHAPTER UNPUBLISHED AND JUST BGDJJVG. Also.... 4chan. You guys should KNOW that I wouldn't post anything bad. Please don't do ANYTHING to harm yourselves, no matter what. You all are beautiful, kind, amazing people who don't deserve to die. I might be posting one more chapter, then I will not be on Wattpad posting ANYTHING from July 13 to July 28. Thank you for reading this book! Sayonara!)