Chapter 31: School still exists

Author POV

First of all.... I'm sorry for the huge delay. I was having some small problems of life and I got busy. Don't worry I'm fine. Just a bit tired. I keep hurting myself on accident..... •-•.........  Also I keep overreacting to everything.... Well, erm.... Here's the chapter!

The bell rang, signaling the end of class. (F,n) picked up her books and the letters, sighing. Phobia had not come back yet. Half worried and half disappointed, she left the still-empty classroom, avoiding any human contact. Carefully, she snuck to her locker, putting in her hate letters and switching her notebook for her next class.  As she closed her locker, a hand turned her around. (F,n) closed her eyes tightly and waited for a hurtful comment or a slap.

After a few moments, she opened her right eye and saw Adrien looking around. She looked around as well, seeing if the coast was clear. When she confirmed there was no one else in the hallway besides us, I hugged Adrien for a second before whispering in his ear.

"I need to show you and Marionette something after school. Tell her to meet me at my house. Make sure no one follows. Seriously. It's important."

He nodded with that smile of his, reminding the girl that she had people who actually cared and didn't hate her. A small smile tugged at her lips in response, and she kissed his cheek before heading to class. Still, she avoided as much human contact as possible. (F,n) felt the glares stab her in the back as she walked past, and kept her head down, speed-walking. Quietly, a few curses "accidentally" left her mouth.

Notice the quotation marks around accidentally.

"Damn it Chloe."

(F,n) wanted to punch Chloe's face so bad right now. I mean, who doesn't? But (F,n)'s bloodlust towards Chloe grew while the glares were on her back. She couldn't direct her anger onto her friends and classmates. It wasn't their fault. None of this was.

Actually, (F,n)'s next and final class was with Chloe. But she couldn't just call her out. It would put more attention on her. She didn't need to give the mind-controlled students another reason to hate her. So she speed walked her way to her next class and sat in the back, as far away from human civilization as she could. Kids actually walked in this time, before the bell rang. They glared at her for a second before ignoring (F,n) and doing their business.

She looked around the room to try to find anyone who was either immune or not affected by the mind-control. Nothing. The teacher was taking attendance before the bell, so he wouldn't have to waste a few minutes of class. The bell rang, creating a wave of loneliness to hit her, destroying hope of any kind.

Now she had no one. Not even Phobia.

She laid her head on her desk, avoiding eye contact.

(F,n) POV

So this is what betrayal feels like. I didn't dare lift my head up. Some students formed a small round shape around me, and it felt like they were towering over me, even if I couldn't see them.

"Hey, what's wrong crybaby? Got a stick up your ass?"

"Oh, I came over here to see that monster everyone was talking about. It's only you. Oh well, close enough. I mean, you sure look like one."

I kept my head down and shut my eyes tightly. If I ignore them then they'll get bored and go away. Shoo. Shoo. My enemy is Chloe. You guys.... Not so much.

"You look like a dog. Bow wow, bow down. Bitch."

What the heck. These people are weird. I hid my face in my arms, leaving an air hole and peek hole. Ok, I'm not a wuss.

1.

2..

3...

I hesitantly opened my right eye, seeing no allies and all enemy army through my tiny peek hole. Dang it. I'm surrounded.

Phobia... Please come soon. Or Marionette. Or Adrien. Just please. I don't wanna be alone anymore.

...

A liquid ran down my cheek. Huh? Since when was I crying...

...

My mind blanked for a moment, and the next, another tear flowed down my far and onto the desk. I just let them fall. If these students caught me crying.... I started thinking of the worst possible things. Then, mentally slapped myself in the head. Stupid self. I didn't even know these people until a month or two ago! What the hell is wrong with me... They're just other human beings, Homo sapiens, people, whatever you wanna call us. I basically lived alone and had no friends for most of my life.

So why would I care about friends? They're not important..... I smiled a bit. I have heard that faking a smile will make me happier. So far no luck.

"Ok class, I'm done with attendance. Please take your seats."

I heard some shuffling, and a few bad words and hate directed to me. After a few moments, I lifted my head and wiped my face. Sigh. Why am I being so weak? I'm a god damn superhero, yet I can't stand a little bullying. Looking to my sides, no one sat next to me. I guess that's ok... You know what? I need to take my mind off things. I opened my notebook to the back pages, and turned pages towards the front until I found a blank page.

What should I draw? I shrugged in my mind, looking outside for inspiration. My eyes trailed down, seeing a florist store. A rose maybe... I started sketching a flower, turning it into a black rose.

~Timeskip~

Before the end of the class, the black rose had been drawn, yet there was still a few minutes left of class. Luckily, my teacher never called on me today, knowing slightly about my uncomfortableness. Chloe never showed up.

Was she sick? Suspended? Either way, I got happier, not having to deal with her today. Hmmm...... What's something that I could draw in 6 minutes? I concentrated, mostly focusing so I didn't have to think about anything else. Unconsciously, I bit my lip, and a drop of blood fell down on the petals of the black rose. It made the drawing look cooler than it already was.

Woah. I licked my lips, tasting the blood that came out of them. I shuddered a bit, for reasons I don't know, and stared at the black rose, which somehow seemed just a bit creepier now.

Phobia? I questioned if it was her presence, as the creepiness went away.

(A.N Sorry for the late chapter! I had some problems irl that I don't feel comfortable telling anyone, even my closest friends. So please don't ask, but just know, this chapter was late because I had a life problem and overreacted a bit too much. Bye!)