Luke

Luke awoke with a weight on his chest, one he'd been waking up with for several days now. He gently moved his leg out from under Gabriel's and slid out from under Gabriel's head, being very careful to cradle it and lower it down so Gabriel stayed sleeping. Since the first night he'd come and sought comfort with his best friend it had become a habit to sleep with Gabriel. He'd not known that Gabriel was cuddler, but he'd gotten used to it. Besides it seemed to help with the nightmares.

They had been getting worse steadily until the night he'd woken screaming and sought out Gabriel. That night he'd slept through without another nightmare plaguing him. The worst part was not being able to remember what was so terrifying. Luke moved on silent feet out the door and up to the top deck, then climbed the rigging like a monkey up to the Crow's Nest.

The Crow's Nest was the one place Luke felt like he could relax and he loved watching the sun come over the horizon from up here. A part of him imagined that the sun was reaching out to connect him to Sang, wherever she was, and that she would be awake and watching it and that somehow, through the sunrise, for just that moment in time, they were both feeling the other's love.

At the thought of Sang, Luke could feel himself stiffen in his trousers. A hand drifted down and idly ran fingers over his thickening cock as he let himself drift into daydreams.

Luke woke with a scream in his throat. He'd drifted off while daydreaming about Sang and sure enough, another nightmare had come. Luke shook with fear. This was too much. He needed to talk to someone, Sean mayhap. Luke carefully made his way down the rigging and sought Sean out in the Galley.

"Luke," Sean greeted him with a smile that fell when he saw Luke's expression. "What be ailing ye?"

Luke sighed and sank to the bench by Sean. He explained everything, the nightmares, the insomnia, even the occasional shakes. Sean listened intently, then checked Luke over. He told Luke he'd have to look into things further. He wasn't sure what could be done about any of it, other than what Luke had already done, or if it might indicate a deeper problem. Luke wasn't reassured but he knew Sean wouldn't let it rest until he had answers. If only they could get some of those from the Captain.