Part Fourteen

"Soul!!"

Maka rushed to Soul lying almost half dead on the floor. Soul lifted his head up weakly to look at her. "Y-Yo.... W-what took you so long, you I-idiot...." Soul smiled as if to tease Maka. Maka grinned back. "I'm sorry I took so long..... I had some complications on the way.... Now lets get you out of here, we don't have much time" Maka put Soul's left arm over her shoulder and heaved him up. "Ready??" Soul smirked as he held on to her. "Yeah.... Lets get out of here"

Steadily Maka and Soul walked out the door and into the hallway..... "Where to now?" Maka questioned. Soul pointed down the hallway to the left "s-straight ahead.... To the piano room" Maka nodded her head in reply "You mean that Red room??" Soul chuckled slightly "y-yeah..... that one..." Maka didn't argue back, this wasn't the time to argue. They both had to get out. "We have to pick up the pace a bit, can you do that??" Maka asked Soul. "Y-yeah.... I'll try...." Soul answered smirking. Together, both of them hurried back to the piano room or the Red room as Maka preferred, time was ticking..... They walked as fast as they could to the red room, there was no time to stop and mess around and idle in the hallway. The sooner the leave the better. But they reached a dead end "great!! a dead end" Maka was annoyed. "N-no" Soul pointed at the door "I-it's through there.... Open the door" Maka didn't hesitate this time, she flew open the door and burst in.

The red room looked different, it had changed.

It was melting. The paintings, the curtains, the floors and even the piano were melting like wax from a candle.... "W-what on earth..." Maka stepped into the room, nothing happened. Soul stepped into the room and then was shocked by a black electric wave

"ARGGHHH!!"

He fell to his knees as the electric bolts were sent to his body. Maka turned around at the cry of her partner and saw him lying on the ground. "S-SOUL!! What's wrong??" She reached out her hand to him but hadn't even touched him yet. Soul grinding his teeth together

"DONT TOUCH ME!!!"

He yelled startling Maka. "w-wha" Maka drew her hand back.

"T-this room...." Soul grunted

"IT'S CONSUMED WITH MADNESS!!!"

"Don't come any closer!! You'll be consumed by the madness. I don't want y- ARGGGHHH " Soul howled with pain as the madness began to crawl through his skin. Maka stepped back "S-Soul...." She looked around the room for a solution, but with everything in the room melting she couldn't find a single one. "M-maka" Soul grunted, he lifted his finger slowly and pointed weakly to the door across the room. "See that door.... Go through there and get out....." Soul dropped his finger and looked up at his meister "Don't worry about me, I'll follow you after the madness dies down......" He smiled weakly trying to reassure Maka.

"As your partner, I gotta make sure you don't get hurt.... Right??"

Maka grabbed Soul's arm and a electric charge of madness shot threw Maka's arm. "GAH!!" The pain of the electric shocks were overwhelming but Maka lifted Soul's arm over her shoulder "No!! I won't let you die for me no more Soul!!!" Soul limped with Maka as she was dragged him to the door.

"YOU IDIOT!! The madness"

Maka wimped as more of the madness waves surged through her body , she smiled back slightly

"It's okay!! I can make through it!! We're partners right?? We share each others pain"

Soul looked up at his meister smiling while in pain, he smirked at her in reply. "You really are the coolest partner a cool guy like me could ask for." Maka giggled slightly in reply. "Lets get out of here, together then" Maka and Soul limped together to the other side of the room. Arm in arm, looking like life long true partners. The electric waves that were sent through them were intensifying within every step they took. The door wasn't that far though, only half a meter away, they were soo close to freedom.

Suddenly the door opened........

And who stood at the door?? ......

The little red demon....