Levi chuckled bitterly and rolled his eyes, "Oh, please. As if you can actually lay your hands on me," He says making Cayden even more enraged. He was about to throw a punch but I stopped him by standing up on my chair and stood up in front of him.

"Stop it," I said, pushing Levi away from Cayden. I turned around and looked at Cayden's eyes and his gaze turned soft when he met my eyes.

"I'm sorry," He said softly and I smile sadly. "I let my anger get the best of me."

The bell begins to ring. Levi gave me and Cayden a look as he turned his head around; the teacher has entered the room. Levi starts walking towards the door, "What are you doing here in my class?" Mr. Brown asks.

"I thought this was the room that was assigned to me, my bad," Levi said. He then gave me one last look, as if he was telling me that we're not yet done and in just a second, he left.

I took a sigh of relief. Finally, that guy is gone. How did he even find me? This is so messed up. I sat down on my chair and arranged my desk. Cayden taps my shoulder and I turn my head to my side, giving him my attention. "Was that your ex?" he asked and I nodded my head without uttering a word.

He nodded his head and remained silent. I guess Cayden got the word that I didn't want to talk about it and I thank him inside my head for respecting me and my decision.

I tried listening to Mr. Brown's lecture but my mind keeps on wandering off to Levi's visit. A part of me wanted to kill him and a part of me somehow wants him... to be punched. Either way, I still don't like his surprise visit. I have no intentions of getting involved with him again, good or bad.

"That's it for today. Please do an advance reading regarding chapter 8 for tomorrow's meeting, you are dismissed," Mr. Brown said as I stood up from my chair, grabbing my bag on the floor ready to leave the room.

I wait for the other students to leave first before I leave the room because I don't like bumping into people. I left the room and I saw Levi standing beside the vending machine, he turned his head and saw me, his eyes lit up and he smiled. He walked towards me as I rolled my eyes.

Somehow my legs won't move, as if they were waiting for Levi. "Why are you still here?" I asked.

"I was waiting for you to finish your class. I want to drive you home and let your mom know that I'm visiting," He said making me want to puke. He looked behind me and I turn around, Cayden's been tailing me. "Is he following you around?"

"Levi, can you stop? Just leave me alone, that's all I'm asking for from you," I said and he shakes his head. He plasters a sad smile on his face. Cayden puts his arm around my shoulder and I look at him. He looked back at me and then looked at Levi.

"Let's go, babe?" Cayden says and I nodded my head without uttering any word. Babe. Why does it send a tingling sensation to my body?

Cayden removes his arm around my shoulder once we were out of Levi's sight. I walked straight towards my locker to grab my stuff for my next class, "What does he want from you, anyway?" I was kind of shocked that Cayden's still around me.

"You're still here?"

"Obviously. That asshole might still be following you around for all I could know," He says making me sigh. I turned around and placed my English book back in my locker. I closed it and I looked at Cayden.

"I don't know but if there is one thing I am sure about is that I will never go back running into his arms. I made that stupid mistake before and I don't want to do it again. I need to have some sense of respect for myself now," I told him as I started walking towards my next class.

Cayden puts his hand on my shoulder, making me stop in my tracks. He turns me around and drags me on the side of the lockers, he looked at me intensely and I tried to ignore the way he looked at me but somehow I couldn't.

"I may be cold and mean sometimes but I don't want you to think that you are alone," He says which made me look into his eyes. His eyes are sparkling even though there is no light above us.

Why do I feel like I'm safe whenever he's around me? and wait, so does this mean we're friends now?

"Hailey..." He says, making me hold his gaze, "Just be safe, okay?"

Everything felt so surreal at this point. I don't know if this day is about to get worse or about to be fine, but I know I am sure that I need to stay away from Cayden before things get out of hand and he definitely needs to stop now because...

My heart is fluttering because of him.

***

hello, another update. it's quite short but I hope you guys enjoy reading this chapter that I updated. I made a few changes and deleted some paragraphs but this version will be much better to read.

as always, carry on and happy reading!

-The Author