E L E V E N

"Ashlie watch the paint!" I yelled for the hundredth time that day. I went and picked up my van from storage and Ashlie kept bumping the back while loading suitcases.

"Well you could be helping me." she retorted, earning a laugh from me and a stern look from Bobby.

"No way Ash, her ribs are still healing and Christina said no heavy lifting until February." I stuck my tongue out at Ashlie, pointing to a suitcase of mine that I knew was particularly heavy.

"Lift with your knees, get the wheels up over the paint!" I ordered, a huge grin on my face. I was pretty sure she was about to tackle me when Ricky grabbed her waist from behind and spun her around so she was facing away from me.

"Don't sweat it, Picasso," he addressed me. "I'll get the cases loaded up." Ashlie pouted behind him, but didn't object to him doing the heavy lifting. I had my van customized a bit so that the suitcases fit under a platform and then you could lay down on top of the platform once it was closed.

Everyone else was already sitting in the van waiting for us. I stood up, hopping over the railing of the fire escape and landing in the snow a story below. Bobby yelled in protest, running over to me.

"Are you trying to give me a heart attack El?" I found his concern touching, and probably very necessary as the impact from landing rattled my bones and caused my ribs to ache. I waved him off.

"I'm fine, you big baby." I teased, taking the keys from his hand and skipping off to the van. I opened the driver's door but found a tanned arm reaching across the opening before I could get in.

"No way, I'd like to make it to Newport in one piece. Keys." he held out his hand for the keys, but I understood the double meaning behind his words. He was still shaken up from the car crash. He had never responded to a call from Christina where I was seriously injured like I was on Halloween.

I sighed, handing over the keys reluctantly before opening the back, climbing onto the platform with Ashlie and laying down next to her so we wouldn't get pulled over.

"I hope you know where you're going, Australia!" I yelled to the front of the van, causing Richard, Sachin and Ricky to wince from being next to their ears.

"How many times have I had to pick you up from there, pipsqueak?" he retorted, his voice barely making it to the back of the van.

"Why have you had to pick her up before?" Richard spoke up, his question being the first thing he said that day. I scowled, about to give him a piece of my mind before Bobby spoke up.

"Because you were busy."

A/N Ok this is super short but I'm working on a new chapter of Chancellor of Earth and my brain keeps trying to write that instead of this! I'll finish this chapter up in the next upload!!