S I X

*Flashback*

"Wait, she what??" Ashlie almost screamed, making me slap a hand over her mouth. We were in the makeup room and I was terrified that Sierra was lurking nearby.

"She threatened my career Ash, what else do I need to explain?" I sighed, removing my hand from her mouth. Ashlie was gaping at me, clearly trying to process what I just told her. "She told me if I didn't stay away from Richard that she'd have her daddy fire me."

"Her daddy?"

"Yeah, I guess her Dad owns The CW." I shrugged, making Ashlie's eyes narrow.

"Ok but didn't you get offers from AMC for The Walking Dead? Why not just go there?" I nodded sadly before lowering my voice.

"She said she'd tell press there was a scandal with me stealing on set and that I was an alcoholic druggie." I mumbled, causing Ashlie to shriek in both rage and disbelief.

"She must've heard about that from someone, there's no way she just happened to think up a lie that would actually be true!" I felt my head hang, looking over to the vanity and beginning to pack some makeup up. My clothes were already packed, and I wasn't planning on Ashlie following me in here today. Or anyone for that matter. I was just going to pack and leave.

"I don't know. But you have to swear you won't tell anyone!" I said, pointing the end of a brush in her face. She looked hesitant.

"Have you told Richard?"

"Of course not, he's happy. I want him to be happy, and I want his life to stop revolving around me. I'm a plague...I'm holding him back." Ashlie was about to protest when I spoke up. "And I think I'm holding you back too..." She closed her mouth, staring at me in shock.

"Wha-"

"You could have a great thing with Ricky you know," I shrugged "And yet you're in here, worrying about me" Ashlie shook her head.

"There's nothing going on between Ricky and me," She started. "And I'm not worried, I'm interested. Just like best friends should be!" I just shook my head, looking at her as she struggled to hold back her tears.

"I'm heading out of town for a bit Ash, gonna let this either blow over or begin to distance myself. I need this career; I have nothing to fall back on." She shook her head but I grabbed her hands, looking in her eyes. "I need to do this." I sad firmly and her resolve crumbled. The tears slipped down her face but she nodded finally.

"OK. Where will you go?" I pulled back, handing her a tissue before running a hand through my hair.

"I was thinking California for a bit, stay in the beach house or with Lilly." She nodded, pulling me into a hug before I could stop her.

"Ella?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you fix my makeup really quick before you leave?" I chuckled, nodding and pushing her back into the actor's chair.

"Sure kid."

-
-

-

I finally finished packing what I'd need from the makeup room, sending a quick email to Jason from my laptop before I lost Wi-Fi telling him that I was needed out of town for a bit for a family emergency. His response was quick, telling me to take the time I need. I put the laptop in my backpack before heading out of the room. I had my hood up and my head down, not wanting to be stopped by anyone else. I pulled out my headphones, beginning to untangle them to plug into my iPod when I dropped them. I sighed, about to lean down before a pale hand reached out and snatched them up before handing them to me. I didn't want to look up, but my eyes betrayed me.

Richard.

He held the headphones out to me and I snatched them up before muttering a thanks and bowing my head before quickly walking off. He didn't follow me. When I reached the door I could feel his eyes on me. I glanced back, my eyes meeting his sad ones before turning and walking out of the studio.

A/N: I hate myself for this

- Isabella