Chapter 19: Town Legends

Start from the beginning

Clint look disappointed but after a promise that I would be buying a few more meat for my house, he was happier making a profit. But I noticed that he was still openly admiring my lover even as we left the shop.

"This was a surprise. You seem so exhausted last night so I just went here myself so that you can get some rest." Sarina asked me, her voice concerned. " Is there something wrong?"

She had no idea that I was worried about her. I never really cared what my other lovers did after they had satisfied me in bed so this novel experience of chasing her all the way here was still unsettling.

But as our gazes locked, I found my initial panic and irritation vanish the moment I looked into her clear grey eyes. She really had no idea that I was going out of my mind looking for her.

I'm not myself when she is involved. I don't know why but she could twist me around her finger if she chooses it.

The scary thing was...I don't care.

"You should have asked me to come with you." I lightly mussed my own hair to keep myself from hugging her in broad daylight. " I am your lover after all so please depend on me more."

My words made her eyes go wide and her cheeks suddenly became flushed, then her face softened as she hooked her hand on my unencumbered arm.

"I'm sorry you had to chase me all the way here. You just looked so tired so I figured I can do a bit of shopping myself," she murmured. " Do you want to show me around? Seems like people here know you by name and face."

Her words and attempts to placate me somehow worked since I then went out of my way to show her the best spots in town.

Eventually, word got out that I and the duchess are out together. As a result, we were the talk of the town, often getting a greeting from a random stranger or being photographed.

Most of the townspeople were polite and friendly but some of the tourists just stared and whipped their phones out to take pictures or videos of us as we walked from one shop to another. When I looked at Sarina, she was clutching my arm in a subtle yet firm way as she smiled at a few who waved at her. As a few more people started following us, Her face became a bit anxious and I realized that she was becoming uncomfortable.

After she made her last stop, I grabbed her hand and ducked into a small alleyway that was unnoticed.

The sweet alluring scent of sweet peas wafted around me as we ran through the narrow space until we arrived at a quiet part of town: The Park.

"W-We l...lost...them." Sarina panted and smiled. " Thanks, it was getting rather uncomfortable being watched."

Her face was flushed, her pink lips were parted as she still held on to my arm for support while she was catching her breath. She was making it so hard for me to resist her until her scent once again teased me until I could not take it anymore so I gave in and lowered my head to kiss her.

A tiny gasp came from her before I caught her in a heated kiss. A moan rumbled inside my throat as I tasted her and thought that she was sweeter than ever, especially since I know that she likes it when I touch her.

"Mhmmm...." I licked my lips after ending the kiss slowly in a way that made her tremble. "If you keep on seducing like this duchess, I might really need to rent a room in town."

"I-I never seduced you." she blushed as I nuzzled the side of her neck as my arms went around her.

"Pity. I would have like that."

After teasing her for while. I held her hand as we walked towards a section of the park where you can see some of the iridescent crystal monuments made by Crystal Ware Shop owner's ancestors.