Chapter Twenty Nine

Reached rank #56 in spiritual today! Thank you guys sooooo much! Ily 💗

(Not edited)

| Layla's POV |

"Oh you little devil-" but before he gets to finish his sentence I run off laughing.

Oh my god! I just almost kissed Adam!

What is happening to me? He's breaking down my walls and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

I ran off in whatever direction my mind chose for me until I reached the restrooms. I walk into one of the stalls and release a loud happy sigh.

I am happy. So so happy. I've never had this much fun in so long and I have Adam to thank. He's doing something to my heart and mind but i don't think I care anymore as long as he keeps making me feel this happy from time to time. It's like whenever I'm around him lately, the smile is always visible on me and my daughter's face.

Over the past few days Adam has been nothing but attentive and kind. This new version of him is my favorite but it was also dangerous. His sweet, kind and cheesy side has appeared out of nowhere and I can't lie and say that I don't like it, but it's also shifting something inside of me. Something that would either make or break me.

I took a deep breath and opened the door to the stall, stepping out I heard a high pitched laugh. I look up to find a gorgeous woman dressed in a green gown with a sweetheart neckline staring at me with a scrutinizing gaze.

"Look who we have here, ladies!" She says to the ladies I just now noticed standing beside her with disgust lacing her voice.

Two ladies stand beside her, looking just as beautiful. One of them is a blonde, wearing a pink revealing dress while the other one is a brunette with much to nothing on, her beige dress leaving nothing for the imagination.

The lady who spoke first, speaks up again. "Layla, isn't it?" She asks, too sweetly if you ask me.

"Yes. And you are?"

"That's not important right now, what's important is that a trash like you shouldn't be with gem like Dr. Adam Hayek." She sneers at me.

Silence stretches between us...

Trash like me? Gem like Adam?

"Listen to me little girl. I don't know why or how Adam has chosen you as the girl standing next to him or how your wormed your way into his life." She says as she takes a few steps closer to me.

"I know girls like you... Only after money and getting payed to be with someone. A slut like you should not be in a place like this. I did my research and I know everything. Mommy and daddy dearest don't know that you have a daughter, now do they?" She spits in my face.

My heart beats are increasing, I look around to find a way out but it looks like I'm trapped.

Don't let her words get to you.

But her words are true... So so true...

"Listen up bitch, I know everything... From your past to what's going on now. Every single fucking detail. I know that you're a gold digger and a slut and I will stop at nothing to make your life a living hell. To be precise I actually know those guys from your past and I'm not afraid to call em back to give you a visit."