Chapter Twenty Seven

Ramadan Mubarak to all of my fellow Muslim readers! 💕🎉 Ramadan in Sweden is quite hard since I'm fasting about 22 hours 😥 I'm currently craving double chocolate ice cream... *sighs*

Anyways, thank you for over 6,7K reads and reaching #125 in Spiritual!

***
If I update during the month of Ramadan, will you guys be reading my chapters or should I continue after Ramadan? It's up to you guys.

Beautiful banner made by urmine5 💕 thank you, I love it!

I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I enjoyed writing it!

(Not edited)

| Layla's POV |

"Adam!" I yell as i march into his office at the villa.

He looks startled as he moves his gaze to me from what he was currently reading. A small smirk slowly forms on his face as he folds his arms across his chest making his muscles bulge as the shirt he is wearing tightens.

"Yes, babe?" He drawls out, still staring at me with that annoying smirk plastered on his face.

I only just noticed that he is wearing black rimmed glasses that look dashing on him.

Can this man look any hotter?

Get your mind out of the gutter Layla!

I come back to earth as I remember the matter at hand. I stomp my foot in anger, ignoring the amusement shining in his eyes at my childish antics.

"This is what you call a surprise!?" I yell at him, waving the envelope in front of his face.

"Yes. Are you surprised?" He asks calmly.

I grit my teeth in annoyance. "An invitation to some high maintenance ball is what you call a nice surprise?"

"Correction babe, it's not high maintenance nor a ball. It's a social gathering for doctors from all over the world, celebrating the new upcoming project." He explains.

"Adam this isn't my world. You're a famous doctor, while I'm an unemployed single woman with a kid who also happens to have no degree-"

"Yet." He cuts me off.

"What?"

"With no degree, yet. You're studying right?"

"Uh, yes I am."

"There you have it. You're a respectable single mom, who is working hard to achieve great things in her life. You're studying in your free time and that alone is enough." He explains.

"Adam I don't wanna go. I don't fit in. You can have anyone accompany you to that event."

"You will fit in. I don't want anyone else by my side at that event, I want you, okay? Plus do you remember our deal?"

"Right. The deal." I say as reality sinks in. This is all temporary. This is only a deal.

"Thanks for reminding me." I add.

The look on his face looks pained. "Layla I didn't mean that in a bad way it's just that I'm playing an important role in that event. The board members now know that I'm married and they are yet to have met the woman in question." He explains.