Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Echo's POV

   I sat, I paced, I thought. I had the ring sitting on the desk and I kept my eyes on it. I thought about how I would approach this, how I could get out of this if it was even possible. I ran my hands down my face and yelled angrily. I peered out the window to the garden, at the people roaming around, at my friends. All unaware about the fact I now have to marry this man while they all get to live happy lives.

   Blowing out a breath of air I tried to weigh my pros against the cons. I eventually gave up and just accepted that in this, I have no choice. This man was going to take over my life completely and I have no choice in this at all. All because I wanted to prove a point. Shaking my head I grabbed the ring and made my way to my room. I put it in the nightstand and changed into some work out clothes I brought.

    Yes I workout, a bit differently, but I do. Why do you think I can fight? I lived in a bad part of town, alone. I grabbed a small duffle and headed downstairs after closing my door, I have the key to unlock it. When I figured out last week that this family has a gym in the West part of the compound which can be reached by a minutes walk. I've been using it in my free time.

   Ethan and Jack followed as I made my way down the cobbled path with quickness in my step. I wanted to get in the ring and just get everything out. When we got there I saw some men, as in guards, training. Marco has given me and only me permission to come in here to work out. My friends and I have different ways of relieving stress and anger. They all either swim, have sex, or eat. I beat the ever living shit out of an inanimate bag of sand.

   Sweat dripped off my face, and down my back and chest. My knuckles and hands hurt from hitting the bag for as long as I have been. Each time I get angrier and angrier. I have my hands wrapped, but I know that won't change the outcome. I punch, kick, and then punch again. Left and right, upper cuts, and round house kicks. Quick steps, quick hits. Over and over. 

   My heart pounded, and my skin was hot and sticky. Sweat dripped from my body, and my body was sore. My hands were sore, and my side killed. Bitter thoughts ran through my mind, and the anger was taken out on the bag.

   "Echo!" I heard someone yell loudly. I stood up and turned. Marco was standing there in a new suit, and he looked as though he cleaned himself up. "I've been calling your name for the past couple minutes. What did the bag ever do to you?" He chuckled. I went back in my stance and he stopped me. "Echo come on. The BBQ is starting, and my wife wants you to be eating with us, and our friends."