Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Echo's POV

   The girls and I were seated at the nice leather booth that we always sat at when we were at Gregory's. The red leather had small cracks where it was worn, and the color was faded in some spots. This was an old place, but that meant the better the food and hospitality. 

    The girls and I ordered the typical orders, the girls got pie and I got the Apple Crisp with Ice Cream. The boys soon joined us and all of our orders came. No more than fifteen minutes into talking and we were on the subject of relationships, and significant others. Something that tended to bore me easily, or just annoy me.

   "What about you Echo?" Luke asked shoving some ice cream and peach pie into his mouth at once. I shook my head.

   "Out of all of us, you've gone strong through grade school, and high school without ever having a boyfriend." Jane wagged her eyebrows.

   "Or girlfriend." We all looked at Adam confused. "Always have to give the option." He said shrugging and shoved some cherry pie into his mouth. I shook my head.

   "How have you gone with no contact from another person? There has to have been someone. Maybe Gannon." Rissa said giggling. I started to laugh, and cough on my apple crisp and ice cream. I finally cleared my throat just in time to hear Gannon going off on me of all people.

   "What the hell Echo! Don't fucking laugh at that!" He stabbed at his peach pie. "I'm not undesirable. I could have you if I wanted to. But I don't want you, nor do I desire you. So piss off." He snapped and I sat quietly. He stabbed angrily at the pie and I just sat quietly. The rest of the group sat shocked.

    "You're not firing back like normal." Jane whispered to me. I shook my head and shrugged.

    "This is a subject that's inappropriate to talk about." I said shrugging and they all looked at me annoyed, even Gannon. He rolled his eyes and shook his head. 

   "Stop acting all innocent. There had to be someone." Adam said and I shook my head annoyed, but also revealing my answer. They all gawked at me. 

   "No one?" Jane gasped. I sighed annoyed.

   "It's not that big of a deal. So, about our-" I was cut off by Luke.