Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Gannon's POV

   I was talking with Vinny, and old friend when I watched my best friend pretty much get shoved over with the full power of a 6' man that maybe weighed over 200 pounds. She hit the rocky ground, and anger bubbled inside me. She was small, and pretty much fragile. My friends group stopped everything and went to make sure she was okay, but stayed a good distance. Vinny had his men do something I didn't catch but I watched one of Vinny's men kneel down next to her. She was on her bloody knees and was looking at her watch. People seemed to cease all movement in the market, and I saw her shoulders shake slightly. The man kneeling next to her stood up after whispering something and she stood up on her own and grabbed her now broken glasses. This isn't going to be good.

   The man that shoved her over was standing a few feet from her, and angry. And another man came into view. This man didn't seem like good news since people seemed to shy away, and go back to their business. The guard was hesitant, and the many other guards around us were tense. Vinny whispered to me.

   "We need to leave, and I really hope she doesn't-"

   "Where are you going?" I heard her small voice. Vinny let out a sigh and closed his eyes in defeat. This isn't good, not at all.

Echo's POV

   I sat there, on my knees looking at my watch in anger, and complete sadness. This was my brothers, the last thing I had of him. The glass was shattered, the clock itself was all messed up. I was so angry. I then noticed my glasses had come off and I can see without them, I just use them to read, but they were broken, and near the mans feet. The man he chased hadn't run into me, he did. He hasn't apologized, or offered me a hand.

   My guard knelt down next to me and whispered to me softly.

   "Try to keep calm. Those men aren't nice. I understand you're angry Sweetheart, but you're in Italy. Think very hard, okay? Stand up on your own, be quiet, and walk away. If not, I'll stand with you, but think before you act okay." He said and stood up. I sat there shaking slightly and thought about my options, and my anger outweighed both. I took a breath and stood up. I grabbed the glasses, and when I saw the man start to walk away as if nothing happened I spoke.

   "Where are you going?" It was soft, and genuine. The man stopped, he was handsome, but right now I wanted to beat the ever living shit out of him. He turned to me confused and I spoke in Italian, and about every other language I could think of. I know a few. He stared at me even more confused.

   "One of those has to have made some sense to you considering you're in Italy, you may have been born here, but some type of dialect I just said you understand or you wouldn't be staring at me like that." I said and he spoke.