Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Echo's POV

   "You think I don't know that Gannon? In a matter of 4 years I'd lost my mom and brother, then my father. I was left alone. I see all of you people with so much money, and family that you don't care about. You all can't see how fast things can change. I see how people look at me and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of being seen as the person who can barely get by!" I started and he sat back. "I see all of you walk around with everything that you could possibly want. You all take necessities for granted. Do you see me right now? I know I'm not okay. I don't sleep because I'd rather be sleep deprived than deal with nightmares. I'd rather be seen as insane than just pathetic. I'm just so tired of trying Gannon. I'm tired of trying and no one seeing it. I can't do this anymore." I was breathing heavily.

    "Echo." He said quietly.

   "What Gannon? What. Are you going to do what Jane did? Completely forget that Luke's mom hates me because I'm poor as dirt so I shouldn't be seen with her perfect son. Gannon I can't even afford hot water.  You're the only one who's ever been here because you're the only one who understands, and even then I don't even know! I see the way you look at me. I h-hate it. As if I'm some broken child that needs to be saved. Gannon I'm beyond saving! It's obvious, and the fact that you keep trying out of all people-" He cut me off by standing up and holding napkins to my nose. "Damn it!" I said and heard him sigh as I went to the bathroom.

   I get nosebleeds when I get really, really, really stressed or angry. Sometimes they're just random. I tried to calm myself, slowly but surely it was working. I noticed him by the door and he was watching me.

   "I do see you Echo. You're right. I don't understand. I don't understand how a person with so much potential limits herself so much. Even though I hate that you get obsessed with these closed cases, and these fairy tales, you like solving things. You're good at it. You might not think you're worth anything, but you're worth more than you think. We've been friends for 6-7 years, in that time you've managed to completely change my outlook on everything, help with things I didn't know I needed help in. You are so smart it's scary. Stop letting it go to waste. Stop saying nobody sees you trying, we all see you trying. It's those that chose to ignore it, and chose to make it difficult that are scared you're better because you are." He said and I managed to stop my nose from bleeding.

   "Thanks." I mumbled.

   "Anytime Bookworm." He said and I sighed washing my hands.