Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Echo's POV

   I unpacked the very last item, and sighed. This house is magnificent. I rubbed my hands together as I made my way down the hall and neared the library. Taking a breath I pushed the doors open and my heart nearly exploded. So many books, it was so beautiful. It had lots of windows, so you could see the entire garden, and it had comfy looking couches, and maybe a desk or two. It had floors to the library.

   It wasn't a modern type of library, it had an older feel to it. Hard wood everywhere, and so many freaking books. The air conditioning in this mansion was on high so I had changed into sweats, and I had taken my shoes off and put on my slipper boots. I was wearing my glasses so I could read.

   The time it took for me to hunt down a book was surprisingly fast, and I took a seat on the couch which was soft to the touch. Call me weird, but my first day is going to be spent in a library, call me crazy. I know Jane, Adam, and Rissa are going to be swimming, and Gannon will be exploring. Luke will probably be trying to hook up with some girls.

   I was going through books at a rapid pace. I just wanted to retain all of the information I could possibly get my hands on. I had a small stack of books on the table next to me, and one on the floor piling up. My reading pace is faster than the average, this benefits me because that means I can get through books faster.

   The noise of someone speaking scared me as I didn't hear them enter. I looked up and saw a grown man standing near the doors with his hands behind him, staring at me confused.

   "Who are you?" He asked. My eyes took in every detail about him. Dark hair that was slicked back, toned body covered in black slacks, dress shoes, a white button up, and a black tie that was loosened. His to buttons were undone, his cuffs rolled up. 

   "Who are you?" I asked back and he furrowed his eyebrows even more. He walked over to the desk, and my eyes followed his movements. He laid his jacket across the chair and looked up at me.

   "You see cara, I asked first." He clicked his tongue after.

   "Don't men normally introduce themselves first?" I rose a brow and at that his lips twitch a bit from the resting annoyed position they were in. 

   "I'm Vincenzo. Now answer." He said and I nodded.

   "Echo." He seemed confused by the name but went along.