Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I carried in the six bags of shopping that Lani and Kiki so happened to find a piece of clothing that suited me throughout various stores. Lani towed in carrying the other three bags and her backpack that apprehended her outfit for tonight. We had dropped by Lani’s house so that she could preference her clothing and then we came up to the apartment.

“Gran we’re home,” I shouted, closing the door after I put down the bags.

Lani stared at me. “I don’t think she’s home dumb ass.”

“Could you stop being so discourteous to me?” I bit back.

She smiled. “I could . . . but I don’t want too,” she said, her mouth turning into some sly smirk and her black eyes glinting mischievously.

I rolled my eyes as I walked into the kitchen, flicking on all the lights. Lani took a seat on the same stool she sat on, that night I had found her smoking. My eyes went back to her lip, which had now healed. Her slender fingers tapped themselves against the tiled table, unintentionally. I shook my head and picked out a packet of chips, I had just gotten yesterday.

“Chilli?” Lani asked.

I nodded.

“Good because I only like spicy.”

I licked my lips. “One more thing I know about you,” I muttered under my breath hoping that Lani didn’t catch on. Except; she did.

“What do you mean by that Cole?”

My eyes looked at her as they ran over her features slowly, taking in every detail my mind could process; the way her nose scrunches up when she’s about to be pissed and her lips that go into a pout when she wants to know something. Her big black eyes go wide when she awaits her answer. Also, the way her nose piercing gleams as the light shines down on it, making the small thing sparkle like a diamond and down to her lips, those soft two pink things that held one black piercing.

“Why do you wear those?” I blurted out, pointing at her face.

Her eyebrows furrowed together and her hand went straight up to touch it the piercings. “This?” she asked.

I confirmed it by nodding.

She shrugged. “I don’t know. I was out shopping one day and thought you know why not? Any way so I went to the piercing shop and met this really hot guy and well when he asked what I wanted I told him to pick, so he gave me the nose and the lip. I also wanted to see what it would feel like to kiss someone with a lip piercing. Also, I want to try someone that actually has one.”

“Aren’t there other guys at our school that own those unpleasant things?”

She rolled her eyes. “Well yeah, but it wouldn’t be fun if I just went up to them and asked them to kiss me, now would it?”

“No,” I said. That would be really creepy, my mind chanted. “But then you’re mocking them, aren’t you?”

She smirked as she turned herself around. “Maybe, but I would like to prefer the term ‘having fun,’ that’s more like it.”

I nodded gradually when another question came into mind. “Tell me why you got confirmed.” I leaned against the table with my forearms.

She fiddled with the glass of water I set in front of her. “Sorry, no. Yeah, maybe when I’m much closer to you but no, sorry, I can’t do that.” Wow she can actually apologize. She took a chip from the packet and made big eyes as she put into her mouth, looking kind of . . . cute?