Chapter 19

Chapter 19

The first thought that happened to be spiralling throughout my brain, was the fact that Lilani Smithers had a boyfriend—an actual person who was with her for the fun of it and not by force—the guy, who was also currently closing the distance between them, just so he could get closer to her then what he already was. Talk about personal space.

"Mother fucker," Tannin mumbled from beside me.

Fact number two: this said boyfriend was also the one that happened to have been brought up numerous of times since my time with her, making the over-happy Lilani Smithers I've come to know, become depressingly upset and in future reference, hurt anyone who is substantially in a forty-mile radius of that powerful strike.

Milo grabbed Tannin by the arm and pulled him back toward him, so that he wouldn't try anything stupid.

And my final fact: Lilani Smithers—well-known bad girl—was actually letting him to do this.

"Maybe, I should go over and stop her?" I asked, a little unsure of what to say. With Tannin waiting for his chance to pounce and Milo holding him back, I sure had a few warning signs going off in my head about Luca Norway.

Kiyoko shook her head beside me. The small braids that were neatly constructed in her hair swaying as she did so. "No, don't get into it. You don't know what Luca's like. He'll kill you in a heartbeat just to get to what he wants."

I licked my dried lips and took a small sip of the coke in my hands to my parched throat before answering back simultaneously, "He didn't seem that bad to me."

All four pairs of eyes glided to my being before they all made a groan in unison.

"Don't be stupid Cole," Tanya pitched, eyeing me up warily and making sure that nothing was wrong with me. Her eyes went back to the duo dancing in the middle. "I'm her best-friend, I should go and get her."

Kiki sent Tanya a daring look. "You're her best-friend? Who the fu—"

"Cut it out," Milo sliced in, sending both Tanya and Kiyoko a stern fatherly look. His eyes slid to something behind my head before he spoke again, "We have company."

I don't know why, but I felt the knot in my back cramp. I felt small wing like feathers erupt in the depths of my belly. I also felt a slight charge to my muscles as a certain scent took over me. A smell so distinct that it had my mind racing in different directions before I could even turn around to look at what had my senses tied up in their own sensation.

My body stilled as she swept past me. Her long strawberry blonde strands fluttering past as she glided toward Milo and Tannin. She smiled giddy-like, as she spoke frantically about some car getting broken down and her, having to walk a major distance to get to her destination. I watched mesmerised at Miranda-Anne.

"Colton," someone called.

I shook my head slightly before finding the voice that it belonged too. And, surely, Miranda stood in front of me, her head slanted to the side, lips pouted and blue eyes wide in fascination. The white fabric of her dress stretched itself around her, making her glow like the angel she is.

"Am I right?" she asked moments later.

A small smile made its way on my lips as I nodded toward her. "Yeah—Yes—Sure," I mumbled.

She giggled. Damn, the sound so utterly fabulous to my ears.

"We have a small problem, Annie," Milo stepped in.

Her eyes flicked to his. "What's wrong?"

Milo looked like he dreaded to tell her what he wanted to say, as his eyes looked everywhere else but at her. "Luca's here."