Freddy

Jayla and I were sleeping over with each other for at least a week now, but the one thing she hasn't told me was that she was seeing Freddy, I found out at the right time too. One day Jayla was making dinner for us and I noticed that her arm was all bandaged up, I decided to ask about it, she said she burned herself cooking when I wasn't home, But the bandage started to bleed and I said:

"Burns usually don't bleed Jayla, now what happened?" I asked slightly disappointed that she would lie to me. We sat on the couch and I listened to her story,

"It was Just a bad dream at first but then I wanted to leave it, so I pinched myself but nothing happened. Then I heard a man's voice laughing at me saying that it wouldn't work, he was hiding in the shadows but then he came out he was wearing a red and green sweater, a brown fedora and knives for fingers In this makeshift glove thing." By this point, she was crying on my shoulder, and I knew right then I would have to talk to Freddy.

When the night finally came I drifted to sleep planning what I would say to Freddy. I was in a dream and I could hear Jayla screaming or whimpering, I could also hear my boyfriends laugh, but I couldn't find a way to reach them I was trapped in a boiler room and I couldn't leave. I searched everywhere but eventually, I found a big enough hole separating the two walls that I could fit through. I walked through the hole to find Jayla in a corner crying and I went to comfort her, but who brought me in this dream? I had no sight of Freddy, maybe he had left because I was there and didn't want to embarrass himself, but I doubt that.

Suddenly Jayla disappeared, "Don't worry she just woke up." I heard Freddy say, "And what is your problem, she was just another person on my work schedule." He said with a really confused look on his face. I looked to where Jayla had been and looked at Freddy with an angry face. He sat down by me and asked. "Okay what's wrong?" He put his arm around me which made me feel a little better but not much.

"She was my friend Freddy and I don't know, I-I don't know. Why you didn't kill me when you had the chance, why didn't you kill me when we first met?" I asked all he did was stare at me the kiss me on the cheek.

"Because I knew you were different, you had something that showed me inside." He said, That made my heart melt that a killer like him could love someone like me, then I leaned on his shoulder and hugged him from the side.

"But don't you think that someone out there would love her as much as you love me?" I questioned.

"Well uh probably somewhere?" he said

"You never thought about that, did you? You only care about yourself. What if someone hurt me, Freddy, you wouldn't like it at all, You fucking killed Quinn only because he asked me out."I was very mad that he never thought of that. Before Freddy could speak I said, "Other people have a life outside of dreams."

I stood up and started walking away before Freddy grabbed my arm, I turned to face him. "You're right I do only care about myself, and you're the only one who had the courage to point that out to me, but I didn't take it into consideration because I couldn't kill anymore If I remembered that everyone else had a better life than me. I was a lonely ass freak before I became this, and before you meet me you were too," he said,

I pulled my arm away from him, he was right I was a freak but not that word, I was an outcast, with no one to turn to. Freddy made me know that there was someone there for me, and what he said about me was true. I know I didn't want to be around him that whole night. I started to hear him call my name but that was when I woke up by Jayla shaking me,

"It happened again, but you were there, you helped me, thank you."

I hoped I didn't see Freddy the rest of the night but it was only midnight.