Why Me?

I was an only child and lived in Cincinnati Ohio but when my Mom got pregnant fro the second time and I knew deep down in my heart this time it was going to be a boy. This was bad for me because my Mom hated me because she desperately wanted a boy the first time and got stuck with me so she calls me a spoiled brat, or as she called me a slut but I feel she says these things because it's what her mother called her, at least my Dad didn't think that about me.

I was your average Junior in high school. Not out going, a little shy, have a lot of good friends, and definitely not one of those popular brats. I've never been bullied, but when something happened to my friends I stood up for them so they wouldn't get hurt, I sometimes came home with some buses but not a lot of the fights left them, but I sometimes fought back, but not usually.

More, and more weeks passed by as my mom kept yelling at my Dad and I that she needed this to be a boy or she will find a different family.

"I need a boy or I'm going to leave all you basters behind and find someone else to make me produce a boy". My father didn't believe her since he thought it was only hormones, but I thought she was serious. Then I laughed at the thought of how funny this situation is, and on how she gets so mad.

"What are you laughing at you little bitch!" She yelled. When I was dragged out of my thoughts when I saw her stomping over to me, a wobble in her steps because of her over sized stomach. I ran around the kitchen to where I could run up the stairs to my room and locked myself in there and jumped out my window to the porch, as I laughed all the way to the park. Once I got to the park I sat down on a light blue swing that was held to the old brown wood by a bright yellow rope until I was ready to go home, it was about 10:00 p.m. by then. My mom would at least be passed out or watching television, to notice a loud noise of me landing on the floor of my bedroom. I got back into my room safe and soundly.

I changed into some dark cozy sweat pants and a white Mickey Mouse under shirt. I finally went to bed my mom might have the baby tomorrow I thought. In my dream, I was packing my stuff in a suitcase, and that my Mom actually had a baby boy and they didn't care about me anyway. That dream hit me hard when I woke up on Saturday and that was my plan, I would run away, if my mom had a boy they would only take care of him and wouldn't worry about me. What did I have to lose right?