A New Friend

It was a normal week so far, Quinn became a lost memory along with my home life, I still didn't have any good friends, but all I wanted to do is get enough money to pay for food and clothes, right now friends were at the bottom of my list. Freddy was still around and really Concupiscent toward me since we talked about everything.

About a week later a new face walked into the cafe, it wasn't all the time you see new faces around town but it was nice once in awhile. She had ginger hair down to the middle of her back, thick rimmed brown glasses that fit her light hazel eyes, and an aqua beanie. She had on a Tiger black and white shirt, and black skinny jeans.

When She walked in I told her to pick a spot to sit down because no one else would do it. Carter was in the back washing dishes, Mackenzie cooking, and Jamison cleaning the tables. We had to get along because if we didn't we would be in some deep shit. But the new girl didn't sit down but came up to me and asked:

"Um, do you know where there is anywhere to stay so that I don't have to pay, you seem like a nice person and won't call me out, I have no money right now ." I felt a little sad for her, she was trying to run from something just like I was.

"I know a neighborhood, it's abandoned but it still works, I could show you it after I'm done with work in an hour." she smiled and I smiled at her.

"Thank you," She said and sat down in a booth. My shift was over shorter than I thought. She was done with her lunch that I paid for. We walked to Elm St., to my house and walked in.

She looked around "This is amazing," She said,

"Yeah, it took a long time to clean up but it's my home, you know you could stay with me until you get a job and enough money," I suggested

"Oh, that's really nice of you uh-"

"Y/n" I cut in

"Y/n but I can't stay in one place for a long time, oh and my name is Jayla," she said.

"Oh come on, you can't live in a messy house for a month or how long you're going to be here. Just stay with me until you leave. There's no rent since I don't have to pay bills, I insist." I said it was really lonely around here till night time, I needed some company.

"Ok fine," she said laughing a little, this was a start of a friendship and I didn't even know it.