The Big Reveal

The next day, when I was done packing my suitcase to get ready to run away, my life has been like this for 16 years and I couldn't take it anymore. For once I didn't hear my angry mother yelling at me or my Dad. I walk down stairs to see no one awake, it was already 8:00 in the morning. I was surprised but it didn't bother me that much I liked the house quiet.

I got the milk out from our old white fridge and the Fruit Loops™ from the shelf where we kept the cereal and dumped them into a purple bowl. I ate my cereal and read the back of the box because I wouldn't want to get my mother any angrier than she was yesterday. It was about noon until someone came through the front door, it was my Dad. Thank God. 

Then he spoke, "y/n your Mom is in the hospital because the baby is going to be born any minute, do you want to join me while I go back to the hospital?"

"Sure, I'll just go get my jacket." Then I ran to my room grabbed my jacket I was prepared to know the gender of this child, and now I was more determined than ever to leave, and it didn't matter what the gender was any more I just didn't want to live where I wasn't accepted.

 We drove to the hospital which was not that far from our house. I looked out the window almost the whole time until we got there. We got to the hospital, and then found my Mom's room. After an hour of her yelling at my father, he came out and sat by me in the waiting room. I swear you could hear that woman form a mile away. I finally fell asleep from being in the peace of quiet of the hospital but when I woke up I heard her screaming again. After that, all I heard was, "Congratulations, it's a boy." 

Sure I was disappointed but I knew what I had to do...