Chapter Twenty-three

Start from the beginning

I let out a breath and let out a choked sob as images of what could have happened filled my head. Parker flinched when he heard my sob which caused him to growl and rip the ropes off of me without caring about the silver. I brought my hands to my face and looked at my wrists which were now red with small cuts on it. My poor wrists, just keeps getting hurt. I looked down and realized my dress was still pulled up so I quickly pulled it down. I looked up at Parker who was watching me intently.

"Are you okay? Who was that?" He suddenly asked. It was as if I couldn't keep my walls up anymore. The tears started pouring down my face along with sobs. I couldn't stop and I didn't like the fact that I was crying in front of him. All of my pain was being released along with all of my frustration and every emotion I was feeling.

I felt arms wrap around me and pull me into a hug. The tingles and warmth of my mate overwhelmed me. I allowed my arms to wrap around his waist as I buried my face into his chest. I may be overdramatic about this but I can't help it.

Parker rubbed my back with is large hand and rested his chin on top of my head. After a few minutes I tried to pull away but he tightened his hold. He pulled me closer to him and buried his face in my neck. Before I could say anything he pulled away. He didn't touch me but started walking towards where he came from, but waited for me to catch up.

I walked up to him with my head down. I hope my make up isn't messed up to show that I was crying.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom," I said once I found my voice. It was hoarse but I tried to ignore it. I turned but Parker gripped my elbow.

He shook his head at me. "You look fine. We're going to leave," he stated nodding his head towards the front door.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What about the girls?" I asked looking around to see if I could see them. Parker let out a sigh, "Fine."

This time I grabbed his wrist and dragged him into the crowd of people. I looked around in hopes that they were standing around chatting. Unfortunately they weren't. Maybe they're dancing?

I dragged Parker to the dance floor and looked around. "Victorious" by Panic! At The Disco played loudly on the speakers as people danced to it. I turned around to make sure Parker was still behind me because at some point I let go of his wrist. He was still there before I turned around, I was pushed into Parker. He placed his hands on my hips to steady me.

"Thanks," I muttered brushing my hair out of my face. I felt my breath get caught in my throat as I looked up at Parker who was staring down at me, his eyes dark as they locked on mine. Why is he so tall? We just stared at each other not saying a word and not breaking eye contact. The only sound I could hear was Brendon Urie's voice. I licked my lips nervously but instantly regretted it when Parker's eyes watched the simple motion and his jaw clenched. In one swift move, he turned me around so my back was pressed against his chest and he gripped my hips.

He lowered his head by my ear and growled lowly. "Don't do that."

I raised both of my eyebrows before smirking. "What, this?" I asked innocently as I turned my head and teasingly licked my lips once again. He growled again and he pulled me closer to him.

"Yes," he hissed through gritted teeth. I smirked before facing forward.

'I have an idea,' Irene spoke.

'What?' I asked curiously. I could feel her grinning.

'Let's tease him,' she suggested before adding, 'Just to give him a hard time showing that we aren't appreciating the way he treats us and that we can have control.' I grinned liking that idea very much.