The man heard us and looked up, smiling as Nix approached him. He stood up and gave Nix a hug, as if he hadn't seen him for the longest time. They hugged for a while before Nix stepped back.

"It's been awhile Trin." He said with a smile.

"Awhile my behind! It's been 3 years you stupid jack!" Trin shouted with a chuckle.

"You remember Lydia and Axel, right?" Trin looked at them and his smile widened before he engrossed them both in a hug. Lydia let out an oomph from his force but smiled and hugged him nonetheless.

"Good to see ya old man." She patted his back.

"Who you callin' old man? I'm only 52!" He ruffled her hair. He finally turned to me and his smile faltered slightly as he tipped his head. "You I don't remember..."

"We picked her up a few days ago. Iris." Nix told him. Trin's eyes narrowed slightly as he took my hand in his. I felt a slight shock on my skin but didn't pull back. Suddenly his smile widened and his eyes started shifting between me and Nix.

"What did you see?" Nix asked, grasping Trin's shoulder and turning him.

"Oh, nothing." He chuckled and patted Nix on the back. "Good luck, son. You're going to need it."

"Trin." Nix's voice held a warning tone, but Trin only rolled his eyes.

"Let's just say, this little lady is very special." His eyes shone with mischief as he looked at me, making me feel slightly uncomfortable.

"What do you mean what did he see?" I asked cautiously, afraid to know the answer.

"If you touch him, he knows everything about you. Past, present, and future." My eyes widened and I turned to him. His eyes softened slightly.

"You're strong. Stronger than most. Your past has the most pain I've seen in awhile, but it will give you strength to guide you through your future." I nodded slightly, still wary.

"Are you coming into the city with us or are you staying here?" Nix asked moving towards a bush.

"I'm staying. I might have angered one of the guards with daddy issues." He chuckled and went back to the colorful fire.

"Are we close? To the city, I mean." I asked joining Lydia, Axel and Nix as they stood in front of the bush. Nix sent me a grin before moving the bush out of the way.

"You tell me." A small gasp left my lips as I realized where we were.

The Capital expanded as far as the eyes could see. Houses and buildings of all sizes surrounded a large castle. A large glass dome surrounded by towers waving our nation's flag, red, orange and yellow in the shape of a fire on a gray, blue and green background. The thick, traditional moat surrounding it with a cobblestone bridge, sculpted and crafted to perfection.

The roads filled with people. Men, women and children set out to do their work. They shouted and cheered, attracting the attention of the people walking about. Tents and shacks were set up for the merchants. Their cloth roofs shredded and worn from all the use.

But what really caught my eye was the sky. Instead of being those hideous shades of green, it was a clear blue, cloudless. It was as if the city borders themselves warded off the poison in the air, creating a ring surrounding the city. I looked to Nix in question, but noticed he was staring up at the ring as well, in concern instead of curiosity.

"Come on." His voice was gruff and deep as he started making his way down the cliff. The dirt slid beneath my feet with each step. Roots from the trees stuck out of the sides, as if the hill itself had been ripped apart. "Pull your hood up. We don't want to be noticed." Axel, Lydia and I nodded and covered our faces.