No make sense

So I am graduating sixth grade this week ;-; and moving on to middle school. So my school has a sixth grade graduation party for sixth graders and their families.

I'm the last person to perform something (I'm one of three performances: one person is doing a speech, one person is dancing while someone is singing and playing the piano, and I'm also doing a speech.)
So today we were going over the graduation.

Everyone that had performance had to perform it today.

When I went up, I was shaking a little bit. I had to perform in front of the entire grade this morning, plus some teachers. I stumbled over a couple lines.

I thought I had bored my classmates. That my speech was too long and too metaphoric for them to understand.

But apparently, for most of them, it wasn't.

They cheered, and hollered, once I was done.
When we were heading out, many people, a lot of them I don't even speak to very much, came up to me and gave me a big compliment.

People had teared up because of my speech. Some had even cried. I got emotions out of boys that are usually quite nonchalant.

I still don't understand how this happened.
I just hope I get the same reaction on graduation day.

I DIDNT THINK MY SPEECH WAS THAT GOOD LIKE WHAT THE HECK.

.-.