Cuts

"Another one of your pathetic, boring parties?" I ask Liam, as I toss a large Nutella jar in the trolley.
"Yes, another one of my fun, interesting, amazingly planned party. Please come, Bella. Please, please, please," Liam begs. I shake my head.
"You can refuse to host your party, but I won't come. It was torturous enough last time."
"Torturous? You talked with Harry and danced with him, none of that comes under the category of torture." I roll my eyes and grab a packet of bread-sticks.
"Hi." Liam and I both look up to find Harry standing in front of us, with a basket in hand. His basket's empty, and Harry's face has stubble forming on it. He's wearing a black, long-sleeved shirt, with his usual skinny jeans.
"Hey," Liam says. "Oh Bella, I just remembered, I need to meet Audrey in an hour. See you guys soon." I mentally curse Liam, as he walks away from Harry and I.
"Stocking up?" I ask Harry, as I drop a green tea pack in the trolley. If I'm eating Nutella with bread-sticks and ice cream, I will need something to help me lose the few pounds that I will gain.
"Y-Yeah, just entered actually." Harry says, grabbing a green tea pack as well and tossing it in the basket.
"Why don't we shop together?" Before my brain can register anything, the words are out of my mouth. Harry's face lights up and he nods enthusiastically. He places the green tea pack in the trolley and puts the basket near an aisle.
"Let me push it." Harry places his hands on the handle before I can protest, so I let him.
"Isn't it a little too hot to be wearing full sleeve today?" I say, as I grab a pack of cereal.
"Feeling a bit chilly," Harry murmurs. There's something off about his tone, so I look up at him, hoping his face will give him away. He's reading something on a cereal box.
"Okay," I say. "What are you looking for?"
"Don't know really." Harry shrugs his shoulders and tosses the cereal box into the trolley. "Liam's hired a cook for me, and she usually cooks everything and does the grocery. However, she's on maternity leave, so the cooking's up to me. A disastrous event," Harry scoffs.
"I can help." I offer, grabbing some breakfast bars. "You know just how well I can cook. Harry, it's decided, I'm going to cook for you. Follow me." I beckon for him to follow me and he salutes.
"Yes, ma'am." Harry chuckles, as I'm on a grocery spree, grabbing items that I'll need for tonight. When we reach the spices aisle, a box of parsley is above my reach, high up on a shelf.
"Harry, can you get that for me?" I ask him, pointing to the box of parsley. He nods his head and puts his phone in the pocket of his jeans. Harry stretches upwards, standing on his toes and when he reaches for the parsley, Harry's sleeve moves above his wrist, revealing deep cuts. My eyes widen and I grab his arm, pushing his sleeve upwards. Harry's wince doesn't escape my notice, as my eyes take in the deep cuts that run the length of his arm, until his elbow.
"When did this happen?!" I say, a little too loudly than necessary. Harry didn't have these cuts yesterday, I'm sure of it.
"Bella...i-it's nothing," Harry says. He pulls his arm back from my hand and lowers his sleeve.
"Harry, what do you mean it's nothing? It's definitely something. What happened? Did someone do that to you?" Harry shakes his head and continues to push the trolley down the aisle. "Don't turn your back on me, Styles!" I yank him back and when he winces, I leave his arm. "Tell me what happened."
"N-Nothing," Harry stutters. God, he sucks at lying.
"Harry bloody Styles, I will not leave this store and nor will I let you leave, until and unless you tell me what the heck happened to your arm?" I cross my arms across my chest and tap my left foot impatiently.
"Bella, nothing, okay? Can we just drop it?" Harry says, irritated. He turns toward the trolley and keeps pushing it down the aisle, leaving me behind.
"I will leave," I warn Harry. I take a step backwards, holding my hands up. "I'm leaving."
"Bye, Bella, take care." Harry says, waving without turning around.
"I'm literally going, Harry." I turn around and start marching down the aisle. As I'm about to make a turn toward the exit, someone stops their trolley in front of mine. I look up to find a man - around my age - standing behind the trolley, looking at me apologetically.
"Sorry," he apologizes. "My shoes are new, and the floor is slippery."
"It's okay." I say, smiling. "Happens to me all the time."
"I'm Adrian," he introduces himself.
"I'm Bella, nice meeting you." I hold out my hand and he shakes it.
"Baby, there you are!" Harry says, placing his arm across my shoulders. I turn to look at him, eyebrows raised.
"I'll tell you about my cuts." Harry says, through clenched teeth. I smile at him and nod my head.
"Nice meeting you, Adrian." I say, turning to face him. "Now I'm off to buy some food for the house with my husband." I hold up my ring finger for him to see. For some reason, I never take my wedding ring off. Adrian nods his head and heads off in the opposite direction. I turn to Harry.
"What happened?" I ask for the tenth time.
"I'll tell you later, Bella." Harry says, turning around and steering the trolley.
"Adrian must be at the cashier, let me check him out." I take a step toward the cashiers, when I'm tugged backwards by my shirt.
"I cut myself, okay?" Harry says. "Happy?"
"Why?" I ask him, confused.
"Because..." He shakes his head. "You won't understand."
"Try me."
"Can we discuss this later, please? A grocery store isn't the ideal place to discuss this," Harry says. I nod my head and let it go. I will find out about this later.