Liam's A Love God

My eyes widen with each passing moment that Harry has his lips attached to mine. The feeling is foreign. It's been so long since I've kissed somebody, especially Harry. Somehow we know what the other will do, so our lips are in perfect sync. However, I don't know what to do. He's kissing me out of spite for Brian. Harry's jealous and that's what's leading him to do this. I press my hand against Harry's chest, pushing him back.
"Harry, please." I say between our kiss. Harry removes his lips from mine, placing his forehead against mine.
"I-I don't know what I'm doing." Harry says, looking straight into my eyes. "When I think about you and Brian, I want to punch that asshole." I pout at the name that Harry just called my friend. Sure, I used Harry's jealousy to piss him off further, but I wouldn't really let Brian out of the friend zone. "Bella, he's not right for you."
"Who is then? Hmm, tell me, Harry."
"I don't know." Harry throws his arms up in the air, and drops them against his side with a thump. "No one's right for you, as far as I'm concerned. When I think about you and another guy..." Harry shudders. I bite my lip to suppress my laugh. I want to laugh, but now's not the time.
"I can't stay single forever, Harry." I say, placing my hands on my hips. "I need to find someone who loves me." I search Harry's face for a reaction, but it remains neutral. Then, Harry shakes his head.
"Bella, give me a chance." Harry says, looking at me desperately. "I know I'm out of line, and you probably don't want to date me. Honestly, I didn't want to do this either because it felt weird to date you knowing that you're my wife. However, it doesn't anymore. I'm ready for this, Bella." My heart flutters at those words. But 'yes' is not the word that's coming to my lips. For some reason, now I'm the one having second thoughts regarding Harry and I.
"Bella, say something." Harry says, stepping toward me and taking my hands in his. "I want this, do you? I swear I'll try everything to make this work." I shake my head, and take my hands away from his.
"Harry...I don't want to rush into this because of your jealousy." Harry opens his mouth to say something, but I raise my hand and he stops. "Answer me honestly, if I hadn't brought you here today and you hadn't seen Brian getting comfortable with me, would you have wanted to go out with me?" Harry looks at me for a second, and then shakes his head slowly.
"I wouldn't have, Bella. But that doesn't mean that I don't-" I raise my hand again and Harry stops.
"Let's just go home, Harry." I say, moving away from him. Those words hurt me more than I thought they would. I can't talk to him anymore. I need some time alone.
"Bella, you go on. I'll get a cab," Harry says from behind me. I nod my head, and head off on my way. Instead of grabbing my car, I start to walk down the street. Harry would've never asked me out had it not been for today. That hurts a lot. Even though Harry's more or less a different person altogether; I still haven't given up on us. I haven't stopped loving him. But he...Harry doesn't even care about us anymore. He finds it weird for us to date because we're married. Sure, it's tough, but why is it so weird that he hasn't even thought about us dating? I always think about us dating and in love again. What's going on? Why am I going through such a tough time? Can't Harry and I just have a happy ending, and leave all of this trouble behind?
**********
I take out a glass of water from the cupboard. As I move back, I bump into the open dishwasher. Darn it! All the dishes rattle. Shit! I don't want to wake anybody.
"Can't sleep?" I jump back in fright, almost dropping the glass. I place it on the counter and put my right hand on my chest.
"Liam, don't do that!" I scold him, pouting. He laughs, spinning himself around on the bar stool.
"Sorry," Liam apologizes. "What's the matter?" I look at him, confused. "Something's wrong between Harry and you, right?" How the heck did he find out? Damn, the guy's psychic. I smile at him, and take a seat beside him; grabbing the bottle of cold water.
"Yeah," I say. "Harry wants to go out with me."
"I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing the problem here. Isn't that what you want, Bella?"
"Yeah...no. See Liam, Harry only asked me out because he was jealous. He said it himself."
"Jealous? What do you mean?" I explain everything to Liam, and he listens intently. Once I'm done, I look at the clock and realize that we've spent an hour together. It's almost three at night.
"Bella, you're right, Harry did what he did because he was jealous. But for you to reject him was wrong. Jealousy just heightened his feelings for you and brought them to the front. Harry needed a push and he got it." Liam says. His words make sense. Liam's always made sense, but this is amazing. He's a love god. Liam might be right. Harry's feelings for me just came out thanks to Brian. I take Liam's face in mine and kiss his cheek. Hastily, I get off the stool and run toward the stairs.
"Where are you off to?" Liam calls from behind me.
"Harry's room," I yell back. I reach Harry's door and pound my fist against it. Something falls inside and Harry groans pretty loudly.
"Open up!" I yell, pounding some more. The door opens slowly and Harry's standing on the other end, looking groggy.
"Bella, it's...night. What're you doing here?" Harry says, rubbing his eyes. Without thinking my actions through, I grab his face in my hands and press our lips together. Harry doesn't respond for a second, but then his lips mold with mine, and he moves us backward, toward his bed.