Awkward

"So, he's trying to reconcile with you?" Liam asks, as he takes another spoonful of Rocky Road ice cream.
"Yeah," I murmur. Liam is like my personal therapist. He listens to me patiently, nods when he has to, gives me a good opinion every time, and he's always here for me. If Liam wasn't a gangster, he'd be a very successful therapist.
"What do you think of that?"
"I don't know what to think, what to feel." I throw my legs off the couch and sit up. "When I'm around him, I just want to rush into his arms. But at the same time, I want to beat the shit out of him." I place my hand on my forehead and rub circles on it with my thumbs. "I'm in a fix."
"Do you think he has changed?"
"Again, I don't fucking know! Seems like he has, but with Harry, one can never tell." I shrug my shoulders and look at Liam, helplessly; silently begging him for guidance.
"I can't vouch for him either. He's moved out, meets us only at work and once in a while outside of work." Liam looks at me with sympathy, helplessness and I can tell that he really wants to help me.
"Have you seen him with a girl recently?" I question, getting up and grabbing a handful of Doritos from the bowl lying on the coffee table.
"No, and neither have the boys." Liam pauses, pouting. "But that doesn't mean he doesn't have a girlfriend."
"True," I murmur. "That could also mean that he doesn't have one."
"We have to give him the benefit of the doubt," Liam agrees.
"Well then, what should I do?" I am horrible at making decisions. I don't like making decisions. I'm the type of person who always needs help to make decisions.
"Bella, you let him off the hook every time, and I think that you shouldn't let him off blindly, yet again." Liam says, his eyes glued to the tub of ice cream in his hand. "Maybe you should talk to him and tell him to be honest."
"I tried, and it ruined our lunch," I say. This is pathetic. I'm pathetic! "Liam, why don't you talk to him? You're the best at giving people advice and helping them out with their problems. Please do this for me." I practically beg him.
"I would Bella, I really would. However, I don't think that he'll listen to me. Harry and you aren't the easiest people to convince to do something that you don't want to." Liam says, matter-of-factly.
"No offense taken, don't worry." It's my feeble attempt at making a joke. "But you can at least try, right? Just try, that's all I'm asking."
"Okay, Bella. Remember, I'm only doing this for you." I smile at him, and bound across the coffee table to embrace my savior.
********
I pace across my apartment's living room, my right hand in my mouth, while my teeth work on the nail of my index finger. Liam said that Harry wants to talk to me. So, Harry and I have our little appointment today in the evening. I like to call it an appointment because Liam made it sound very professional.
"Come on quickly and let's get this over with." I murmur to myself. Heck, I'm losing my mind. Talking to myself, biting my nails, this is pathetic. Suddenly, the doorbell rings, making me jump. In my blue slippers, I rush toward the front door. There's a small, oval mirror near the front door in which I quickly check my hair, and attire. I look good, I look fine. I don't need to fret over my looks. The doorbell rings again and before I can think my actions through, my hands are unlocking the door and swinging it open. Harry is leaning against the door frame, his right hand in his pocket, while his other hand holds a bottle of wine. When the door opens fully, and I come into Harry's view, his eyes quickly do a once-over of my body. He's wearing his usual ripped black jeans, with a white top and the same three necklaces around his neck.
"Hi," I say.
"H-Hey. I bought this," Harry says. He holds out the wine bottle and I take it.
"Thank you." I stare at the wine, and at Harry for a few seconds, before I realize that I have to invite him in. "Come in!" I motion for him to enter and he obliges.
"Nice place," Harry comments. His eyes wander around my apartment, and I can tell that he's impressed.
"Thanks. It's new," I say. This couldn't get anymore awkward. Harry and I aren't usually formal, or awkward with each other. However, today we are. I don't know if it's because of my outburst, but whatever the reason, I want to die from embarrassment. "Want a tour?" What, is this a museum?
"I'd love that." Harry's smile is warm and I don't know how he's managing to stay so calm and composed, while firecrackers are erupting in my body. For the next ten minutes, I show Harry around. He seems to like the apartment and it's architecture. That's another thing that I learnt right now; Harry loves architecture.
"Since when?" I ask after Harry tells me that he finds the topic of architecture very intriguing.
"Since a month ago. I've even bought a few books discussing architecture," Harry says. "I often sit at night just going through those books and before I know it, the sun's coming up."
"Wow, that's really great, Harry." After showing Harry around, we settle down in the lounge. As I'm opening up a wine bottle, Harry makes a weird noise from behind me.
"What happened?" I ask, turning around. My eyes glance over Harry's body, searching for an injury.
"What the fuck is that?" Harry points beside my foot, and I look down to find Ninja walking toward me. Laughing, I bend down and pick him up.
"This is Ninja. Ninja, Harry." I introduce them.
"Hi." Harry says slowly, unsurely. "What is that, Bella?"
"My pet tortoise." I say, matter-of-factly.
"Tortoise and pet cannot be used in the same sentence." Harry looks disgusted. "That is the vilest creature I've ever seen."
"You're disgusting." I march over to Harry and place Ninja on the couch cushion beside Harry. He jumps up, clearly revolted at having to sit beside Ninja.
"Sit down." I instruct in the sternest voice that I can muster. "Or get out." I know I'm playing dirty right now, but I can't help the happiness that I'm feeling at seeing Harry this uncomfortable around Ninja. I'm cruel. Pursing his lips, Harry sits down toward the edge of the couch, as far away from Ninja as possible.
"Do I really have to do this?" Harry asks me, not taking his eyes off Ninja.
"Yes, and you also have to apologize to Ninja because you said some godawful things about him." I have to bite my lip to suppress my smile. I'm having way too much fun by torturing Harry. His gaze falls on me, and Harry raises an eyebrow. "Go on."
"I-I'm sorry, Ninja." Harry says, no conviction in his tone. I turn around and allow myself to smile.
"Good. Now, why don't you both watch something while I take out dinner?" Without another word, I exit the lounge and jog over to the kitchen. The minute I enter the kitchen, I bend over and burst out laughing. This is going to be a fun night.