No Memory

"Harry!" I exclaim, recovering from my shock. I rush towards his bed. Harry glances around the room in confusion. I take Harry's hand in mine.
"I missed you so much." I say, feeling overjoyed. Harry looks at me in confusion. Hastily, Harry yanks his hand away from mine.
"W-Who the heck are you? Get away from me!" Harry yells, pushing himself up with the help of his elbows. My eyes widen in shock, and I move back so that he can calm down. I raise my hands as if I'm surrendering.
"Calm down, Harry. It's me, Bella." I say. Why doesn't he recognize me? I hope he's not playing around with me because this is not funny. The doctor and nurse burst through the door, and Harry jumps back in fright.
"Check the monitor. Are there any changes?" The doctor asks the nurse as he grabs Harry's hand in his. He doctor checks Harry's wrist for his pulse, and then he smiles.
"Great improvement." The doctor murmurs, making my grin wider.
"Why the heck am I in a hospital?!" Harry yells, yanking his hand out of the doctor's.
"You had a serious accident." The doctor murmurs, absentmindedly. He's writing something on a clipboard.
"Harry, it's okay. I'm here." I say, moving towards him once again. Harry raises his hands and I stop in my tracks.
"Stay away from me! You're mad, you know that. I don't know why you're calling me Harry again, and again." Harry says, frantically.
"That's your name." The doctor says, matter-of-factly. Harry scoffs.
"That can't be my name. It sucks." The nurse says something in the doctor's ear, and he nods his head. She turns to me, her eyes filled with sympathy.
"Please come out with me." The nurse says, placing her hand on my shoulder. I'm confused. Why is Harry acting as if he doesn't remember anything?
"B-But-"
"Please, come outside. I'll explain everything." She says, interrupting me. Harry is looking at his scrubs, with pursed lips. Curtly, I nod my head, and let her guide me outside.
"What's going on? Why is he acting in that manner?" I ask her as we exit the room.
"Please sit here. The doctor will come out, and explain everything." The nurse says, guiding me towards a bench. I take a seat, and she heads back into the room. Why isn't she telling me anything? My head is starting to hurt due to all the questions that are clouding my brain. Even though the hospital is properly air conditioned, I'm sweating.
"Bella!" Louis yells. I turn my head to find him rushing down the hall. Louis skids to a halt in front of me.
"What happened? Why do you look so pale?" Louis asks me, frantically. "Is Harry alright?" I shake my head, and Louis' eyes widen. I shake my head again, vigorously.
"Bella, words! Words would help!" I open my mouth, but nothing seems to come out. I try again, and I feel as if something is blocking my windpipe.
"May I speak with you?" The doctor says, exiting Harry's room.
"Is Harry okay? Is there good news?" Louis asks him, panic evident in his voice.
"Why is he behaving in this manner?" I say, finally finding my voice.
"Mr. Styles' recovery is really a miracle." The doctor says, solemnly. "That's great news, of course. But, there's also some bad news." I wait for him to continue, but he doesn't. The doctors seems deep in thought.
"What?!" Louis yells, impatiently. The doctor jumps back, startled.
"I'm sorry." The doctor apologizes. "I'm still shocked at his recovery. The bad news is, Mr. Styles doesn't remember anything, and he'll never be able to recollect his memories." Louis eyes widen.
"He doesn't remember anything?" Louis asks the doctor, and he shakes his head.
"Nothing, whatsoever. Not even his name." The doctor says, looking at us sympathetically.
"That's not possible." Louis says. "It can't be possible." I get up, and place my hand on Louis' shoulder. Louis shrugs it off, and turns around. He kicks the bench with his foot.
"Louis, calm down." I say, placing my hand on his shoulder, yet again.
"Calm down? Calm down?" Louis turns around, and places his hands on my shoulders. "Bella, how the heck can I calm down?! Harry has come out of a coma, but now he doesn't remember anything. This is a joke!"
"Louis, these are tough times. But, we have to fight and find victory. Harry, needs us a lot now because he doesn't remember a thing, and we can't abandon him. Not now, when he's out of a coma." Louis nods his head, understandingly.
"You can go in and meet Mr. Styles, but please don't force him to remember anything or mention anything from his past. It'll make him uncomfortable, that's all." The doctor says.
"Okay, thank you." Louis, and I say in unison. The doctor nods his head, and heads down the hall.
"Come on, let's go in." I say, taking Louis' hand in mine. Louis follows me, without saying anything. Taking a deep breath, I enter Harry's room. He's sitting on the bed, playing with his fingers. The minute he hears the door open, Harry looks up.
"It's you." Harry says, rolling his eyes. Louis opens his mouth, but I squeeze his hand to stop him from saying anything.
"Yeah." I say, leaving Louis' hand, and walking towards Harry's bed. "Harry, we're your friends." Harry's eyebrows scrunch up in confusion.
"Friends? I don't remember you both." Harry says, looking at us as if we're aliens.
"I know. Due to your accident, quite a few of your memories have been erased." I explain, taking a seat on the edge of the bed.
"Which accident?" Of course, he doesn't remember.
"A car accident." Louis says, hastily. He takes a seat on a stool that's standing on the other side of Harry's bed. "It injured you badly."
"Oh, okay." Harry murmurs. "Do I have a girlfriend?"
"No!" I say, hastily before Louis can say anything. I don't want Harry to know that I am his wife. I want him to make new memories with me. I don't want him to dig for old ones, memories that he'll never find.
"But girls find me hot, right?" Harry asks us, worried. I want to laugh at his concern, but I don't. Instead, I nod my head.
"Any girl would gladly date you." I assure him, smiling. "Including me." I add, but I know Harry didn't hear me.
"Were we close?" Harry questions Louis. Louis looks confused.
"I don't mean it in a gay manner." Harry adds, hastily.
"Oh, okay. In that case, yes we were close. Quite close." Louis says. His eyes seem distant. I'm sure he's recalling memories of Harry, and him.
"Are we colleagues as well?" I look at Louis, waiting for him answer this question.
"Y-Yes." Louis says, after a few seconds. Harry's mouth forms an O. Suddenly, Niall barges into the room, looking out of breath.
"Harry, you're awake!" Niall exclaims. I roll my eyes. I better explain the situation to Niall, before he says something wrong.