Outing

Harry's POV
Bella hasn't spoken to me since that day in the hospital. The doctor, too, suggested that she should get a stick, but she didn't snap at him. Why do my words seem to hurt her more? Why do my actions always hurt her? Women are definitely confusing creatures.
"Any luck?" Louis asks me, as he enters my room, without knocking.
"Are you blind, or is the sign outside invisible to you?" I say, stowing the book that I was reading in the drawer. Louis makes a face at me, and takes a seat in front of me, on the bed.
"Any luck?" He repeats, and I shake my head.
"Apparently, one can speak to the walls as well. Today morning, I asked Bella if she wants coffee, and she didn't even look up at me." Louis lets out a laugh, and then purses his lips together, when he sees me scowling at him.
"The girl can hold a grudge."
"Tell me about it." I roll my eyes. "I didn't say something that was so offensive, right?"
"Harry..." Louis sighs, passing his hand through his hair. "Girls are sensitive creatures that get offended even if you tell them that their hair doesn't look good." True. I have had my fair share of experiences with May. Guess that's why our relationship didn't even last for two weeks.
"Harry!" Louis says, snapping me out of my train of thoughts. I look up at him, eyebrow raised.
"I was saying that May called. She says you have her bracelet." I furrow my brow, thinking if I do.
"No, I don't think so." I say, looking around my room. Louis sighs again, and shakes his head. "What?"
"You're highly dumb, and ignorant when it comes to women." Louis says, in a disapproving tone. "May's call was just an excuse. She wants to talk to you, hoping that you'll get back together with her."
"Really?" I ask, incredulity evident in my tone. Louis nods his head, vigorously. "But I don't want to."
"You know that, but she doesn't. The least you can do is tell her." Ever since Bella told me about our relationship, it doesn't feel the same with May. Heck, it doesn't feel the same flirting or checking women out. Bella's face always comes to mind.
"I'll see," I murmur. I don't want to speak to May. I don't know why, but my conscience rains down upon me. "I feel as if I'm cheating when I speak to May, or any other girl. Is that right to feel?"
"Yeah, after all, Bella is your wife." Louis says, matter-of-factly. "By the way, Bella's getting bored sitting at home. She wants to get out of the house, but Liam, and Niall are busy. So she asked me and I agreed to take her. However, now I'm thinking why don't you take her out? Tell her I got busy, and I know I'll listen to a long lecture later on, but it's going to be worth it."
"You'd do that for me?" I ask Louis, smiling.
"Of course!" Louis says, with fake enthusiasm in his tone. "But you owe me big time." I nod my head, wanting to kiss Louis. He's the best!
*******
"Hi." I say, entering Bella's room. It's around four in the evening, and Louis said that this is the time he had promised to take Bella out. Bella doesn't acknowledge me. She just sits there - on the bed - listening to an audio book.
"I'm here to take you out," I say. Gosh, I've made this outing sound like a date.
"Where's Louis?" Bella's tone is clipped.
"H-He has some work to finish. Louis' a big procrastinator." I'm so happy she has finally spoken to me. It's been so long since we've conversed.
"Oh," Bella murmurs, sounding disappointed. "It's okay, I'll go out another time." I know she's upset. I can tell that Bella was really looking forward to this outing.
"Aw, come on. Bella, come with me," I whine. I head towards her, deciding to use force, if she doesn't come willingly.
"I don't want to come with you." Bella says stubbornly. I huff, crossing my arms over my chest. I don't know whether I was stubborn or not in my previous life. However, in this life, I'm very stubborn.
"You have to come." Bella shakes her head. "Fine, then." I grab Bella and pick her up bridal style. Bella punches my chest a few times, but I don't feel a thing.
"Let me go!" Bella says.
"Fine." I slide one arm out from underneath her body, and her hands grab at my shirt. "Don't you want to get out of my arms?"
"Don't drop me!" Bella scolds me. "I meant, keep me on the bed or couch."
"Bells, that's not happening," I say. Bella gasps, looking shocked.
"What happened?! Did I hurt you?" I ask her, alarmed. She shakes her head.
"You used to call me Bells before. That's what shocked me." Bella says, furrowing her brow. Oh. Maybe my sub conscience is trying to claw at fragments of my old self.
"Off we go!" I say, deciding to change the topic. Bella smiles, shaking her head at my idiocy.