The Truth Always Hurts

Harry's POV
"You can come in, you know." I tell May as I unbuckle myself and get out of the car. She looks at me skeptically. "My friends will not eat you up."
"Fine! But, I'm only coming in for five minutes." May says, cutting the engine. I nod my head, smiling. This has been our third date in a week. Every single second, minute, hour gets better and better. I wait for her as she gets out of the car, and heads toward me. Without missing a second, I take May's hand in mine, intertwining our fingers. She smiles at me, showing off all of her dimples.
"God, I'm nervous," May says. I laugh as I unlock the front door.
"They're my friends, not parents," I say. Being the gentleman that I am, I let May enter first. She glances around the house.
"It's a great house." May says, impressed.
"I did the decor." I state proudly. Liam, Niall, Louis, Bella and I, bought this house. However, when Louis did the interior, it made me want to throw up. He has no sense of color, furniture or decoration. It took me a whole month, but I did revamp the whole house, making it a lovely home to live in.
"You should fix my house as well." May says, passing her hand over the crystal frog that stands on top of a table near the front door.
"Your wish is my command." I say playfully.
"Harry! Are you home? Louis got a movie to watch." Bella yells from upstairs.
"I'm home! And I've got company." I say, taking May's hand in mine and guiding her up the stairs.
"Company? Did you make a new friend?" Confusion is evident in Bella's voice. As we ascend the last step, Bella and the boys come into view. They are lounging on the couch, watching something. Bella turns around and the minute her eyes land on May and I, the popcorn bowl slips from her hand. Luckily, the popcorn falls into Niall's lap, who is sitting in front of Bella, on the floor.
"This is May, my girlfriend." I introduce May and she gives them a shy smile.
"Hi," May says. The boys stare at her and then at Bella.
"Harry, we are beginning a movie. It's late, I think May should go home." Bella says, turning around. I frown. What's wrong with her?
"May is more than welcome to watch the movie with us." I say, tugging May towards the couch. She looks uncomfortable and I'm sure it's because of what Bella said.
"I'm sure May, must have seen the film," Bella says.
"Bella, a word." Louis says, getting up and heading towards the kitchenette. Rolling her eyes, Bella gets up and follows Louis. I look at Liam, and mouth 'What's wrong with her?' He shrugs his shoulders, fixing his gaze back on the television.
"I don't think she likes me," May whispers. I rub her hand with my thumb, soothingly.
"No, don't worry. Bella must be having her periods." I say, pecking May on the lips. I turn around to find Bella glaring at me. She walks past us, hitting May with her shoulder.
"Harry, I'm really tired. I'm going to head home." May says, leaving my hand. I open my mouth to protest, but she places her index finger on my lips. "Goodnight." May gives me a kiss on the lips, before heading down the stairs. I watch her as she exits the house and shuts the door behind her.
"What's wrong with you?!" I turn to Bella. She shrugs her shoulders nonchalantly.
"You can't insult May in that manner. You were so hostile towards her." I say, taking a seat beside her.
"No, I wasn't," Bella says. I cross my arms across my chest, and glare at Bella. Finally, she turns her head and looks at me.
"What?" Bella says, irritated. "I wasn't insulting her. I was just stating a fact. It is late, and we are going to watch a movie, once you stop talking."
"She could have watched it with us," I say. Bella acts so weird when I flirt with other girls. Heck, she acts weird if I talk to any girl, under thirty.
"No, she couldn't. We're spending family, quality time together and May is not family." Bella says her name with so much venom and disgust. I cringe at her tone.
"Fine," I huff. "Let's watch the movie and spend family, quality time together." Liam looks from Bella to me and then shrugs his shoulders, grabbing the remote to switch on the movie. Two weeks ago, Bella spilled coffee on me when I was talking to a sales attendant. It was so goddamn hot. My chest was red all night long. The week after that, she shoved me when I was standing and talking to this sweet woman, who was concerned about me because her cycle had hit my thigh. That's the reason why I didn't tell any of them about May. I didn't know how they'd react, especially Bella. Thinking about it, I shouldn't have invited May in. Bella is so irritating. At times, I hate her irritating attitude. Sighing, I try to concentrate on the movie, but I can't. I want to spend tomorrow night with May, but with Bella being at home, I know I can't. I clear my throat, getting off the couch.
"Louis, could you please come with me? I need to give you something." I say, heading towards my room. Louis groans, throwing his head back.
"Can I come later? Please. The movie's very interesting," Louis says. I shake my head, beckoning for him to come towards me. Louis throws the pillow that he was holding on the couch and gets up.
"Thanks a bunch, Hazza." I enter my room and Louis follows suit.
"What?" Louis says, flopping himself on the bed.
"I need you to get Bella out of the house tomorrow. May always takes me to her house and now I want her to spend the night with me." I say, taking off my shirt. Louis looks at me as if I'm insane.
"This is Bella's house as well. Where the heck do you want me to take her?"
"Take her out for dinner. Take her to Malaysia. Just, get her out." I beg Louis.
"It's a tough job. But, I'm always up for a challenge." Louis says, grinning. "I'll try my best, but I'm making no promises." I nod my head, smiling.
"Thank you." I say, gratefully.
"Now can I go out and watch the movie?" Louis asks me. Chuckling, I nod my head and before I can count to five, Louis is out of my room.
**********
"Are you sure it's okay?" May asks me, for the hundredth time. I nod my head, not irritated by her asking me the same question. After what happened yesterday, I can understand her nervousness.
"It'll be fine. Trust me," I say. May nods her head, sighing. We get out of the car, and I take her bag from the backseat. I don't know how dates are supposed to be conducted, so I invited May for a slumber party at my house. When I was inviting her, I got so nervous and I ended up actually inviting her to my house for a slumber party. How stupid! Louis said that Bella had agreed to go to Malaysia for two days with him. In the evening, I received a text from him, saying that he and Bella will be on their way to Malaysia at six in the evening. It's six-thirty now, so I think the coast will be clear. As we're entering the house, Niall is crossing the hall. When he sees us, his eyes widen and he rushes upstairs. Weird much. May turns to look at me, questioningly.
"I have weird friends," I explain.
"Right," May murmurs. I grab her hand and lead her upstairs, just like yesterday. The television is on and someone is lying on the couch, but I can't see who.
"Liam, say hi to May." I say, presuming that Liam is on the couch as Niall is sitting on a chair in the corner, with a bowl of watermelon and Louis and Mus have left for Malaysia.
"Harry!" Louis exclaims, jumping up from the couch. My eyes widen the minute I see Louis' nervous face. If he's here...
"Louis! Help me with the bags." Bella yells from her room.
"You were supposed to leave." I hiss at him.
"I texted you, saying there was a change of plan and Mus and I are leaving at seven." Louis says, his voice filled with panic. I want to slap Louis.
"If I didn't acknowledge, you could've called me."
"Louis!" Bella yells again.
"Hide her." Louis says, looking at May. I nod my head, and take May's hand, pulling her towards my room. Once we're in, I shut the door and lock it.
"What was that all about?" May asks me.
"Bella has this...disease," I say. A disease that doesn't let me interact with other girls. "It's very contagious and I don't want you to get sick." May's mouth forms an O and she nods her head in understanding. "Why don't you sit here, and choose a film. While I go and get us some drinks."
"Okay." May says, taking the remote from the bedside table. Hastily, I exit the room. The coast is clear in the hall. As I round the corner, Bella is ascending the stairs.
"Harry!" She exclaims, when she sees me. I smile at her.
"Bella! I heard you were going to Malaysia," I say.
"Why's your voice so squeaky?" Bella asks me, furrowing her brows.
"Is it?" I clear my throat. "I don't know." I shrug my shoulders, trying to act as casual as possible. For some reason, Bella can always catch my lies and read what's going on in my mind.
"Yeah, we're going to Malaysia. I was wondering if you'd want to tag along." Bella says, casually. I shake my head.
"I have just started working, and if I take a leave, my boss will fire me. So thanks, but no thanks."
"Harry!" May calls, from my room. Bella's eyes widen my heart starts hammering against my chest. "What's taking you so long?" May whines from my room. Bella's face shows utter shock and anger. Before I can stop her, she rushes toward my room.
"Bella, wait." I say, latching my hand onto her arm. She shrugs it off, angrily. Bella opens the door and barges into my room. Her eyes land on May, who is lying on the bed without her shirt. Did she have to take it out right now? Bella turns to face me, and before I can utter another word to her, she smacks me across the face.
"You disgust me!" Bella says, storming out of my room. Why the heck is she getting so worked up? It's not like we're in a relationship.