Chapter Fifteen: I Care

Start from the beginning

"Well, here's something interesting," Kyoya said from the other side of the room, catching all of our attention. He was standing with Honey, and both of them were staring at a wall of photographs. I rushed over to them to see what the pictures were of.

"What is it?" I asked, and began examining the photos. None of them seemed to have any importance, until Kyoya pointed to a specific one in the middle.

"It's Shiro," I said, and looked closely at the photo. It was of him and another girl his age sitting at a piano together. He was smiling brightly, which was a look I'd never seen on him. Both kids had light blushes on their cheeks as they played together.

"So, he's in the classical music club," Kyoya stated.

"He looks like he's enjoying himself. It's nice to see him with a smile on his face. I had no idea he could look so sweet," Haruhi said.

"Yeah..." Tamaki said quietly, then told us that he had another idea.

¤¤¤

He led us through the school until we were brought to the music room. We peaked in through the windows to the room, and inside I could see Shiro. He was sitting alone, until one girl approached him and started conversation with him.

"There he is, there's Shiro-chan!" Honey exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah, and there's the girl from the picture," I said and nudged Haruhi. She nodded, and we continued to watch them. After a small chat, she left Shiro and went to the grand piano, where she began playing a beautiful piece. She was quite talented, and I recognized what she was playing was a song that I had used for a routine once before.

"I wonder what they were talking about," I whispered.

After a minute, a different girl was exiting the music room. Tamaki approached her. "Excuse me, Mademoiselle."

"Huh?" the girl asked confusedly.

"I've never seen a rose more lovely than you, my dear," he schmoozed, and held out a white rose to the young girl. She was baffled, but charmed no-less, and plucked the rose from Tamaki's hand. He knelt down to her height, and looked into the music room at Shiro's friend.

"I was wondering if you could tell me anything about that young lady playing the piano. Do you know her?" he asked gently.

"That's Hina Kamishiro," she said, her voice innocent and cute.

"Her name is Hina?"

"That's right, but you better not fall in love with her." What a weird thing to say, kid.

"Why?" Tamaki asked, his voice sounding hazier.

"Didn't you know? Hina has to move away soon. Her dad just got a new job in Germany, so they have to move there at the end of the week," she explained.

"What were they talking about?" I asked.

"She asked him if he wanted to play with her, but he said no. It's weird, they used to play together all the time," she said, and tapped her finger against her chin thoughtfully.

"What do you think you're doing?!" a young, but angry voice yelled, and I peeled my gaze away from the girl to see that Shiro was now out in the hallway, looking furiously at us. "I want you idiots to leave immediately!" he barked.

"Hm." Tamaki sighed, and swiftly pulled the boy over his shoulder.

"Put me down! What are you doing?!" Shiro yelled and tried to struggle against Tamaki's hold.

"It's time to go gentlemen. Quite thrashing around," Tamaki said surprisingly calm, despite the fact that he was holding a raging child. And with that, we left.