Chapter: Fourteen

The night was dark and cold. No stars or moon aided us in our hunt through Neverland's wicked forest. The only light was from torches carried by the lost boys; two in the back, two in the front and one leading the group. Peter.

      I pull my warm cloak closer to my body and over my head, saving as much heat as I possibly can. As I trail behind the group, I begin to admire the lost boys, not in a romantic way, but in a prideful kind of way. I watch how they huddle together with their swords drawn, their eyes constantly searching for an unknown enemy, or ready to pounce into action if an ambush were to happen. Peter was right, these boys are family; they would willingly throw their selves into a fight for their brothers, they would die for each other. The lost boys reminded me of an old poem my father use to read to me as a child.

"We few

We happy few,

We banned of brothers.

I saw the light fade from the sky

On the wind i heard a sigh

As snow flakes cover

My fallen brothers

I will say this final

Goodbye."

My thoughts are ended by the lost boys stopping, I peak around some of the lost boys shoulders to see Peter holding his fist in the air, signaling for us to stop. Beside him stood Felix who weighed his wooden club carelessly on his left shoulder and shifted impatiently on his feet.

"What is it, Pan?" His voice deep and flat.

       Peter unsheathed his sword. "They are right over this hill."

My teeth sunk nervously into my bottom lip as I readied myself with the bow Peter had given me. Of course I had a sword and other weapons on me but the bow would be easier to pick off any one from a far. I take a deep breath. I feel a heated gaze on me, my eyes meet Peters green ones. I hold it as he tries to search for any hint of fear in my eyes, but I clear myself of all emotion; confusing him. He winks at me making my cheeks unwilling flare red. He smirks smugly at me.

" Willow. You're pretty light on your feet, would you please scout out the trespassers camp?" His eyes silently challenge me. Fine then, challenge accepted.

" Love to, Pan." I begin to walk towards up the hill. But when I reach Peter he quickly grabs my elbow yanking me towards him. His lips brush my ear making a shiver run down my shoulder blades.

" It's Peter to you." I gulp at how dark his voice sounds. " Be careful, Lost Girl." I faintly nod. I resume walking up the small hill, slowly snaking my way into the wildlife. Becoming nearly impossible to spot.

       In the small valley of the hill stood a tall white tent. As I approached the camp the faint sounds of crying fill my ears.

          A flash of blue and purple magic shoot from the white tent, knocking me from my feet; the trees bend drastically form the shock waves. I slowly sit up and rub my head easing away the new head ache that was already setting in. Peter had been right, who ever was here had magic; strong magic.

     " Damn." My body pops as I stand. I draw my small dagger from my belt. I sneak quietly to the small opening of the tent.

     Inside, the fancy decorations stood out like a sore thumb. I knew not even the most successful pirate could afford something like this. Pirates? No. Royalty? Possibly.

     " W-Who's there?" My gaze falls on a curdled up figure. A dark cloak cover her body, her light hair laying untamed on her shoulders. Her exhausted body slowly turns to me. My blood runs cold, the dagger I one was holding clatters to the dirt floor. 

         The woman's dark eye's stare at me with equal shock. "Victoria?" Her voice cracks as she fades out of consciousness. I stand in complete utter shock as I stare at the unconscious sickly woman. The name sent tingles of familiarity down my spine.  I attempt to rack my brain for an answer why the name seemed familiar. But the only thing I could think of was that this was the woman from my dreams, my nightmares. but she seemed completely harmless; in fact she seemed weak.

         "Willow!!" Peter busts into the tent with a frantic look on his face. But when his eyes landed on my unharmed self he let out a relieved sigh. " Oh thank god, we felt the magic shock wave, the boys and I thought the worst of it, we- Willow?" He's rambling stopped when he noticed that I wasn't paying any attention to him at all, but on the unknown woman.

        He watched carefully as I approached her. I faintly touched her forehead, I pulled it back sharply with a hiss. Her breaths were quick and shallow, sweat lightly beaded her discolored skin. I ran a hand slightly over her arms, when suddenly I reached her right wrist.She jolted awake snatching my hand away from her wounded wrist, a look of utter fear and pain in her eyes. " Please. Make it stop." I gently pulled my hand from her grasp. " Let me see." She nodded laying her head back down perparing herself for any pain. I turned around to Peter who was watching the situation with caution. I reached my hand out to him. " Give me my dagger." He nodded and handed me my fallen dagger.

   I cut the cuff of the dress she worn to get a better look at her wound. A harsh gasp slips from my mouth as I cover my mouth with a hand. My stomach turns at the horrifying sight.  A slimy green infection covers her whole wrist.  " Peter!" my voice frantic. The boy rushes to my side. He sucks in a shocked breath when he takes in the infected wrist.

    I watch as he runs his hand over in, he nits his eyebrows together in confusion. " What is it? Can you heal it?" I look between him and the woman. He raised both of his hands over the wound and closed his eyes in concentration. A dull green glow produces from his hands. His hands began to shake and a few veins pop out of his neck and forehead. I watch as the green glowing reaches for the infection but fades away before touching it. "God dammit!" Peter yells panting. My head falls in defeat.

      "I've never seen anything like this. How did this happen?" He ask the pained woman.

        " Pirates-..Attacked us." I noticed for the first time at the tent was wrecked.

         Peter sighed as waved his hand over the woman's face making her sleep. There was a moment of silence as we both sat there.  "We have to help her Peter. There as to be cure." The boy runs a hand through his brown hair, tugging on his roots. He nods head in agreement. " I'll get the boys, meanwhile I'm going to look around for anything that could help me understand more about what that is." I nod grabbing his offered hand.

      We spend the next forty-five minutes searching the camp for clues. " Who is she, Willow?" Peter asks randomly. I look at him confused. " Who is she?" He rolls eyes. " The woman. You looked so shocked to see like, like you've known her before." He was right, I had felt like I had known her in another lifetime. I never told him of the dreams that I had recently had. Because, well they were just thought I didn't think that they would actually come true. 

     I sigh. " I don't know, but I feel like she is important to me some how." Peter looks at be surprised by my answer. " How can you be sure?" He rambled nervously.  

     "I mean, I don't have any actual prove, it's just I've seen her in my dreams, and I have a gut feeling. You know?" I studied his face for anything. A look of slight anger crosses his face.

      " She can't have you. You are mine. And mine alone. My lost girl." His possessive voice sent a shiver down my spine. " Peter, she's not going to try and "steal" me from you and lostboys. I promise." I soothed. " THEN WHY IS SHE HERE?!" He shouted. I'm slightly taken back by his bipolar mood swing.

     " I don't know! Mayb-" "Peter!" He whirls around towards me, his anger still clear. " What?" He spat. I roll my eyes at his tone and point to a near by tree. Peter stalks over to me and looks closely at the the scarred tree. The initials C.H. craved harshly into the tree. Peter ran his finger over the carving. And looks at me. All traces of his previous anger now gone, replaced with determination.

      "Hook."
****
Update!! So sorry it's late!!!