BEDROOM 2

A child's bedroom. It can't be that bad. You look around. Harmless old toys are strewn about. No mirrors are present. A small bed with faded pink sheets lay near the center of the room.

A child's drawing fills the wall. Scribbles from crayons show the art of a little kid who used the wallpaper as an easel. The drawings would be cute if it weren't for its dark concepts.

A black stick man is shown holding what looks like a crudely sketched knife. Red crayon makes the blood look childishly fake, but it is still chilling. Blood drips from the knife. Next to the stick man, is another dead one. His eyes are made of x's to show that he is dead.

The picture shows the dead stick man's lower body chopped off. Red crayon fills the gap as blood.

On top of the drawing are words written with childlike handwriting. They all say the same thing: die.

This must be some messed-up kid, you think. Tiny bloodied handprints also cover the wall. Poor child must have been suffering or something.

Then, you hear a childish giggle behind you. You whirl around and are met with a cold blast of wind. You shiver and look at the window. It's shut tight. Outside, the tree branch scratches and taps against the window from the stormy wind. It almost looks like a clawed hand.

You shiver again, but not from the cold. This time, you shiver from fear. You walk to the bed and examine the dirty bed sheets. It is a faded pink with white laces at the edge. An innocent bedsheet.

Something grabs your ankle and you jump back. You shine your light under the bed and are met with a child's face. Her black hair is draped over her shoulders and onto the ground. She is lying on her stomach. Her face looks silvery under the light. Her bangs fall to her eyes....or lack thereof.

Her eyes are completely black and they seem to be made out of some kind of glass. She giggles then disappears. You take cautious steps back and yelp when you stumble over something.

A porcelain doll lies on the ground. You crouch down to examine it.

It's face is smooth with only a couple of scratches. It's eyes are dark and menacing. It almost seems as if it's looking into your soul.

You smile and shake these thoughts off you. It's a doll. Nothing serious.

But then you think of Annabelle. That doll was freaky.

Slowly you get up. You scooch away from the doll. All of a sudden, it seems evil. Ha! You snort. Everything in this house is evil.

Just as you were about to reach a door, the doll jumps up, making you scream--more from surprise than from how scary it is.

A child's laughter escapes it's dirty, ragged body. It walks toward you like it's a zombie. Both its arms are outstretched and you see one of its eyes roll out.

"Play with me," it says, still in a childlike voice. You would find it adorable, but now it's just creepy.

You look around and find a piece of debris on the floor. You grab it and swipe at the doll.

It only laughs and comes closer. Once it's within reach, you use all your strength to hit it across the room. Its face shatters and the childlike voice melts into a deeper, demonic one.

"Play with me," it continues in a voice the devil would envy. The headless form still walks on, not caring if it lost its head.

You turn around and open the closet. Luckily, there seems to be a secret room at the back. Great. No time now. You rush in and turn around to close the door. And in a nick of time too. The doll had somehow caught up and you hear its body slam against the door.

Whew. You wipe your brow and lean on the door. But it's not over. It's far from over.
_______________________________

Sorry for not updating. Got caught up in some other stuff.

So thank you so much for reading! It's been a while, so I hope I didn't lose my touch. Please vote and comment if you liked the chapter.

See you in the next one! (Whispering) it's the closet. Watch out! 😆👍

~Fere