THE STAIRCASE

You are trapped. You could get out of the room, but not the house. You know there are ghosts in the house because there is something unnatural about the place.

A random knock here, a cool breeze in an airtight room, maybe some strange footsteps there.

You don't know what's going on. All you want to do is get out.

Now, you are walking through a hallway. Dust fills the house and you cough. The air is heavy with dust. You can almost feel the dust on your skin.

You now realized you are wearing a short-sleeved shirt. You shiver. That cool breeze again. No windows are open and no doors are in sight. So where did that breeze come from?

You are lucky. You found a flashlight in a bag you seemed to have carried with you. You turn it on. Comforting light flashes from the it.

Your heart settles down at the light. You almost get warmed by it. Now back to finding that exit...

This house is enormous, it could be castle. You peek around a corner. You see some staircases leading down to another dark floor.

You move towards it, but something interrupts you. You listen. It seems to be some sort of thumping noise.

Thump thump thump thump thump!

Thump thump thump THUMP THUMP THUMP!

You jump back in fear when you realize what it is.

Footsteps are running up the stairs. You have to get away. You turn back, your heart thumping with the footsteps.

Thump thump thump!

Run run run! The footsteps are coming. They're running up the staircase. You turn the corner and they stop. You wait.

Your stupid curiosity gets the best of you. You have to know who--or what--it is.

You peek from the corner. You expect to see a monster. You at least expect to see an animal.

Nothing. The footsteps simply vanished. Freaked out, you reluctantly make your way back to the staircase. You peek over it. You shine your flashlight down there. The light expands and disappears below the stairs.

You think you imagined them. The footsteps must not have been there. You think you were confused by your heartbeat.

It didn't seem right, but you welcome any explanation. You don't want to go down the stairs, however. You reason that it might be unstable.

Nodding your head to agree with yourself, you gulp and move away. Oh no.

As soon as you turn your back, they're back. Now they are climbing--running--up the stairs.

Thumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthump!

The footsteps come closer and closer. You jump in fright. The footsteps increase speed. You are panicked. Not knowing what to do, you drop your flashlight and look around in hectic confusion.

You feel a shove. You fall on the ground, hard.

A child giggles as the footsteps make their way across the hall. They finally die down along with the laughter.

You gasp in fear. You retrieve your light and shakily stand up. That, you did not imagine.

Fear grips your heart. You have just encountered a being from another realm. This one wasn't threatening, but you never know what dangers await you.

___________________________

I hope this was frightening~😵😵😵

I really did enjoy writing this. Even I got a bit jumpy while I imagined what this would be like if it was me.

If this creeped you out, vote and comment. Please do so even if you weren't creeped out, just for moral support. ;)

More horrors await, so watch out for those!

Sweet dreams~ 😱😱😱😱😱

-Fere