THE LIVING ROOM

The living room was not any better than any of the other rooms you saw. The ever present dust covered the room from the ceiling to the furniture to the floor.

You wave your hand in an attempt to blow away the dust. This only causes the dust to float in a more chaotic motion and, as a result, makes you half cough and half sneeze. You shine your light--which only served to make the dust more visible--around the room. You walk towards a window. The curtain is splattered with what looks a lot like blood.

Shrugging, you grab the curtain and rip it off from the window. You allow the moonlight to light the room and turn off your torch to save the batteries. Now, having a better source of light that allows you to see the entire room, you see an old-fashioned decor.

What seems to be a Persian rug is spread across the room, going under the old couches and chairs. The walls are bare, but you can see holes in the wall where nails may have once held pictures.

You turn back to the window, thinking you may be able to escape through there. How wrong you were. You see that the window cannot be opened and it is exceptionally thick. Only a very muscled man would be able to break through that kind of glass, and even then, it would take tremendous energy.

You sigh. You are about to leave when you hear a squeak. You almost jump out of your skin. Ugh. You are getting paranoid. But then again, with what you went through, who wouldn't?

You see something peeking from a corner. You feel your heart skip a beat as you realize what it is. A tall figure is watching you from the corner. The only thing you can see is the face. Its face was so pale, it was almost white.

It's eyes seemed like black voids compared to its face. You blink and rub your eyes. When you look again, you are relieved to see it gone.

That squeaking sound is back. You scan the room. You notice a rocking chair at a corner. It rocks back and forth, creaking and moaning each time.

There's nothing there, and you think it's a good idea to get out of there. You slowly creep your way to a door. Only problem is that you have to go past the rocking chair to get to the door.

You inch your way to the door, keeping your back to the wall. You keep your eye on the chair. The rocking gets more vigorous as you get to the door. You are now right behind it.

Without warning, you suddenly see someone sitting on the chair. Your best bet is to leave, but no, you just have to see who it is. It seems like an old woman.

She rocks back and forth. Her arms move as if she is fiddling with something. You peek over her shoulder and see her knitting. She seems like an innocent old woman.

That is until she turns her head towards you. Yes, she just turned her head 180°. Her head is nothing but a skull and hair. Her deep eye sockets stare deep into your soul. You shiver when she laughs. Her whole body starts to shudder as her laughter gets louder and louder. Her jaw falls apart.

The lower jaw extends further than it should.

Okay, now you know who it is. Time to get out of there. You try the door and find, with relief, that it is unlocked. You open it and rush inside, looking back just in time to see the woman right at the door, reaching for you.

In a panic, you slam the door on her face. Her laughter fades away. Now you are in a bedroom.
__________________________________

Having a good scare? I should hope so. 😈😈😈

I don't know if I did it right, but I hope you enjoyed it. Remember: vote, comment, enjoy, and, most importantly, get scared out of your wits! ;)

Thanks to all who read my book! (Also check out some of my other ones.)

~Fere