Chapter 1: Normal Human Life Pfft Yeah Right!

CRACK!

My head snaps in the direction of the noise. I'm on my knees in the dark forest, listening to the noises. I close my eyes and inhale the wonderful smell. I tuck my some hair behind my ears and listen harder. I hear a heartbeat and that's when I see a deer walking about 7 feet away from me. I stand up and walk slowly towards the deer. I accidently step on a branch and the deer sees me. It begins to fun fast through the woods. I begin to run, using my vamp speed and in no time, I'm sitting on the deers back. I kick it's back legs out from under it and it falls onto the ground. I take this opportunity to finally get what I want. I open my mouth and was about to bite down when I hear another sound.

CRACK!

I look around and see nothing so I look back down at the deer when I get knocked over. I hit the ground and look up. Laying on top of me is my older brother, Hunter. "Elle, I thought I told you to stay home?!" Hunter's voice is angry. I use my vamp strength and switch places, him on bottom, me on top. "Well maybe next time you and Faith won't take so fucking long to get food." I spat back. I jump off him and look around. I look back at Hunter and he is standing up. "And thanks to you, I lost my food." I say, turning around and begin walking towards home. I hear him following behind me. I don't want to be near him so I use my vamp speed again and run home. When I reach home, I open the front door and go inside, closing it behind me. I hear Hunter curse under his breath and open the door. I walk into the kitchen and seen my sister Faith sitting at the table, on the phone. I notice the blood still on her lips. I scowl at her and turn around, bumping into my brother's chest. I push past him and run over to my room. I slam the door and lay down on my bed. I hear footsteps and then a knock.

"GO AWAY!" I hissed. I'm in no mood to talk. I burried my face into my pillow and sighed. I hear the door open and feel someone sit down on the bed next to me. "Noelle, please tell me what happened." I hear Faith say. I start talking but it comes out muffled by the pillow. I sigh and sit up, looking at Faith. "Faith, I can't take not being able to eat on my own. I almost had a deer today but of course Hunter had to ruin it! He attacked me and let the deer get away." I say. Faith sighs and she only does that if she is going to say something that she doesn't want to say. "Look Noelle, there is something I have to tell you." she says, looking down at the floor then up into my eyes. "Faith, I swear if you say that Hunter was only looking out for me so I won't get hurt, save it. I've heard it over a thousand ti..." "No, that's not what I was going to say. Noelle, you have to go to high school." Faith cuts in then braces herself for a blow up. My eyes go wide and my mouth drops. I close my mouth and stand up. I pace back and forth in my room, both hands on my head. I stop pacing and look at Faith.

"WHAT?!?!" I scream, finally clueing in that I have to go to school with those dirty humans! The same species that killed my mother and father. "I didn't want you to but Hunter said that maybe you should try to live a normal human life and maybe you would realize that humans aren't that bad." Faith says, standing up and walking over to me. I place my hands in front of me to stop her from coming any closer. "Not that bad? Faith, those people you call humans killed our parents! I'm not going to like them at all! They fucking killed our parents!! I'm not going to change my mind and I'm sure as hell not going to high school." I snap. "You will go to high school whether you like it or not." I jump and turn around at the sound of Hunter's voice. I didn't realize he was right behind me. I could usually sense when he is there but I guess I was so distracted that I didn't. I scowl at him and let out a hiss and attack him. I jump on him and he lands on the ground with a thud. I start clawing at him and fighting him. I feel someone's arms around my waist and I'm being lifted off of Hunter. Faith uses her vamp strength and throws me across the room. I land on my feet beside my bed. I stand up and look at Hunter.

"Are you trying to kill him?! Have you gone mad?!! Hunter is only doing this for your own good. You can't just kill someone when you get mad. That's why we had to move because you let your anger get the best of you and you killed 2 innocent fucking people! You are just as bad as the people who killed mom and dad." Faith has finally snapped. She has never said that to me. It's not the fact that she mentioned mom and dad but what hurt the most was being told I'm just as bad as the humans who killed them. That's when I broke. Tears filled up in my eyes and I bit my lip. I fell to my knees and buried my face in my hands. I suddenly felt two people hugging me and shushing me. I looked up and seen Hunter on his knees beside me and rubbing my back.

"Look Noelle, I know you hate humans with a passion, but you need to stop dwelling on the past and move on like me and Faith. Just please do this for me and Faith. Do it for mom and dad." Hunter says, a sad look on his face. I look over at Faith and there are tears streaming down her face. "I'm so sorry I said what I said Elle, you know I didn't mean it." her voice cracking with sadness. "It's fine. I should be stronger. Be stronger for mom and dad. I-I think I'll try." I hiccup from crying. I smile at my brother and sister. "I'll go to high school." and with that being said, I begin to feel nauseous. I look down at my stomach and realize I haven't eaten yet. "Umm, Hunter?" I say, looking at my big brother. "Yeah?" he asks. "I-I can't feel m-my..." I fall over and everything goes black.

Hunter's Pov

"I-I can't feel m-my..." Noelle starts but can't finish. I see her fall over and her eyes close. I start to panic and then realize, she hasn't had any blood yet! "Faith, I need you to keep an eye on her while I go get her some blood." I say, standing up and walking towards the door. Before she can say anything back, I use my vamp speed and in no time I'm in the forest. I look around for anything and find nothing. I close my eyes and stand still. I sniff and smile when I smell an animal. I open my eyes and see a rabbit. I know it's sad because it's a rabbit but hey, we have to eat too ya know! I run over to the rabbit and pick up it. I run back to the house and into Noelle's room. She is now laying on her bed. I go over to her bed and open her mouth. Her fangs immediately pop out and I stick her mouth on the rabbit. I notice her eyes flutter open and she take the rabbit, sucking it dry. She sits up with the rabbit still in her mouth. When she was finished, she took it out of her mouth and licked her lips.

"Thank you." she says, looking at me. "Anytime." I say. I take the rabbit and walk our backyard. Luckily, the woods is our backyard so I throw the rabbit really hard into the forest. I go back inside just as Noelle and Faith come out of Noelle's room. She still has a bit of blood on her lips and he fangs are still out. Her color came back and now her skin is back to its original color. Her and Faith sit on the couch and turn on the tv. I sit down on the couch with them and we start watching random shows.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and all of our heads snap towards the door. Faith gets up and looks through the peep hole and she gasps. She backs away and looks at me and Noelle. "It's a human." her face is starting to pale and I look over at Noelle. Her face is filled with anger and hatred. We both stand up and walk towards your door. Faith looks at Noelle and gasps again. "Noelle, your fangs!" she whisper-yells. Noelle touches her fangs and closes her eyes and takes a breath. Her fangs go away and she licks what blood is left on her lips. She opens her eyes and puts on her best fake smile. I look at Faith and nod and she opens the door. When the door is finally opened, in front of us stands a teenage guy with dark brown hair, almost black dressed in blue jeans and a grey hoodie. Standing next to him, is a woman with black hair dressed in black dress pants and a blue long sleeve shirt.

"Hello. my name is Trisha and this is my son Zayn. I noticed you moved in a week ago and I wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood." the woman says cheerfully. "Hello. I'm Hunter and this is my two younger sisters Faith and Noelle." I say, pointing to them. "It's great to meet you all. Do you live with your parents aswell?" she asks, still smiling. "No. Our parents died." Faith says. I glance over at Noelle and so far, she has kept her cool. She is looking at the ground and playing with her hands. "Oh. I'm sorry to hear. Well, if any of you need anything, we live right across the road." Trisha says, gesturing to the house across the street. "Okay. It was great to meet you." I say as they begin to walk away. I close the door and Noelle storms back over to the couch.

"That was the worst thing ever. You want me to go to school with those people?!" Elle says as she plops down on the couch. "Yes Noelle and you will go. School starts tomorrow by the way." I say and run up to my room. I hear Elle groan loudly and then her feet stomping to her room. I laugh at her and lay down on my bed.

Noelle's Pov

"That was the worst thing ever. You want me to go to school with those people?!" I say as I plop down on the couch. "Yes Noelle and you will go. School starts tomorrow by the way." Hunter says and then runs up to his room. I groan loudly and then stomp off to my room. I close the door and run over to my bed. I flop down and sigh into my pillow. I hope this school isn't filled with a bunch of annoying preppy bitches, cause if it is...I may not last long there. Hunter wants me to live a normal teenage girl's life. Normal human life, pfft yeah right!