xx

Russian Military Retreat,Russia

Russia.

Eleanor, Erik and Charles sit with other USA militants. That's the moment in which Eleanor realizes this an important moment. This is an important mission. This isn't her pulling the trigger, aiming at a mad man. This is her, working along the government to defeat the person who killed her parents. She lets out some air and Charles looks at her.

"Are you okay?" She nods with a fake smile. They hear a knock and Erik raises the wood letting Moira see the back of the truck, where they are being carried.

"We got a problem" The driver informs as Moira looks at them with a sorry look.

"What?" Charles asks frowning.

"I'm so sorry. This wasn't on the map" Moira says letting them see a control patrol ahead of them. Eleanor's senses activate and she turns to look at the militants. If they get them, she is not going to doubt for a minute getting these guards down. Erik looks at her and he gives her a calming look.

"No matter what happens, act normally" Charles says before noticing Eleanor's state when Erik taps his arm and tells him to look at her "And you, calm down. I'll take care of this, all right?" He tells everyone as he closes the wooden panel looking specifically at Eleanor.

"Okay" She says nodding. The thing that makes her so unstable is the fact that they could be caught right now. Shaw would find them and he would win. He would have Eleanor. She can't let that happen.

"Now, listen to me: stay calm. Don't shot, don't do anything" Charles commands the soldiers. They raise their guns. Charles stands up giving a look to Eleanor and putting his fingers on his left temple "Easy, easy. Take it easy, chaps" The doors open suddenly and Eleanor gasps taking her gun. Erik immediately but quietly moves next to her and covers her mouth softly. Charles stands there all the time while the Russian guard and the driver stand in front of them. The Russians speak between them in their language and finally the driver closes the door. Erik lets go of Eleanor and looks at her.

"Thank you" She whispers with a smile, now more relaxed but still with tension in her body. Charles sits between the two again and turns to look at Eleanor "I'm fine" He nods and turns to look to the front, but looks at her through the corner of his eye. Erik gives Charles a tap on his leg, by doing that congratulating him.

They continue driving and hide the car between the woods when they get to the Russian Military Retreat. They walk a little bit and stay off limits of the clear area. They lay down on the ground watching everything that happens with binoculars for everyone. They lay there for a while waiting for something to happen until a helicopter starts landing in the grass part of the property. They watch as a blond woman leaves the helicopter making Eleanor take hers off and getting on her knees. Everyone else takes them off too.

"Eleanor! Get down!" Moira orders. She looks at Emma and lays down again, cursing under her breath.

"Where is Shaw?" Erik asks confused.

"I don't know" Charles answer really confused too as he frowns and bites his lip "But if she's a telepath and I read her,
she'll know we're here" He explains. Eleanor is already working on something. She tries to get in the mind of one of the guards and achieves her goal by completely possessing the guard. Charles looks at her noticing she's not here with them and looks at the guards.

"Good idea, Eleanor" He murmurs as he gets inside the mind of the other guard. He looks at the guard which Eleanor is controlling. Eleanor looks at him with a weird look and then he realizes it's Charles. He nods at her and she turns to look at Emma. Charles notices there's anger and pain in the expression of her eyes.

"Shaw sends his apologies but he's indisposed" Emma says with a fake but convincing smile "He asked me to come in his place. And between you and I, honey," She tells the man with a smirk "I'm a lot better company" She whispers.

"Please, come in" He tells her putting his arm around her back. Eleanor leaves the body of the guard and scoffs.

"A bitch using old tricks, uh?" She asks controlling her body again. Erik looks at her "Oh, he's not coming" She tells him as Charles gets back in his body again.

"You told them the news?" Charles asks. Eleanor nods "So, what now, boss?"

"Now, nothing. We're here for Shaw" Moira says looking at everyone "Mission aborted"

"The hell it is" Erik says trying to stand up and tapping Eleanor's shoulder for her to stand up.

"Erik" Moira says stopping him. He looks at her frowning angrily "Eleanor, you can't

"She's his right-hand woman" Erik says gritting his teeth "That's good enough for me" Eleanor looks at both of them and quietly starts to stand up.

"And she's a cold-hearted bitch" Eleanor adds muttering "That's good enough for me" She says looking at Erik, emphasizing the end.

"The CIA invading the home of
a senior Soviet official. Are you crazy?" Moira asks narrowing her eyes at Erik. Charles notices Eleanor is standing up and tapping Erik's shoulder.

"We're not CIA" Eleanor says running away with a smile. Erik smiles too and looks at the group.

"Eleanor!" Charles calls her name. She doesn't listen and runs away in direction to the entrance. Erik looks at her and stands up before he starts running after her.