Chapter 14: Teaming Up!

Disclaimer!

Heather: "Frère Jacques, Frère Jacques, Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous?"

Heather: "Sigh...."

*A Shady-looking Man saunters up to Heather"

Shady Man: "Hey, I heard that you wus looking for some information, Lil' missy."

*Heather looks at the Shady man distrustfully*

Shady Man: "Oh! Don't look at me like that!"

*The Shady Man putts an indignant expression on his face*

Shady Man: "I justs wants to help a missy out!"

Heather: "What's with the local's way of speaking..."

Shady Man: "I gots the bestest map in this 'ere parts! Of all de bestest places for feastin!"

*Heather's expression brightens up*

Heather: "Really! Awesome! Can I have a look at it? I just want to know where I can find some good ramen!"

*The Shady Man gets a sly expression on his face*

Shady Man: "Sure thing missy... for 500 ryo!"

*Heather's jaw becomes slack once more*

Heather: "Tha-that's a total rip off!!! That's the equivalent of $50!!! Just to look at it?! You have got to be kidding me!!!!"

Shady Man: "Hahaha! Whadda expectin' in a place like dis?"

Heather: "eh? What do you mean a place like this?"

*The Shady Man looks at Heather incredulously*

Shady Man: "Whaat? Ya mean ya don't know that yer ina place thas run'd by de Mafia?"

*Heather's eyes widen to the size of saucers*

Heather: "OH DEAR! I DID NOT KNOW THAT!"

Shady Man: "Since Its yer firs time in dis here town, I'll cut yer a deal! I'll give ya the location of one joint fer 100 ryo!

*Heather looks around and notices that all of the people in the vicinity are shady and/or creepy looking*

Heather "I guess I have no choice...

*Heather hands the Shady Man 100 ryo ($10) *

Shady Man: "It's a pleasure doin' business wit ya missy!"

*The Shady Man hands Heather a scrap of paper and then without waiting for her to check it, ducks into a nearby alley*

Heather: "Hmmm... let's see..."

*Heather looks at the scrap of paper*

Heather: "This is the crappiest map I have ever seen... Oh! There is something scribbled on the back... 'Ya'll know that a person can'ne git ownership of a poplar franchise or wertnont wit out tons of dough! Ya don' ave da dough to own a fancy car, leta lone a famous uni-verse! Ha ha!' He's right... I don't have enough money to buy the Narutoverse from Kishimoto-San. But why would I want to own it anyway! If I was in charge, it would take years for a few chapters to come out... Cough, cough, I'm sorry...."

End Disclaimer!

Chapter 13: Teaming Up!

Iruka stood up at the front and started his speech. "As of today, you are all ninjas. To get here, you faced difficult trials and hardships. But that's nothing. What comes next will be far more difficult. Now you are only Genin, first level ninjas. All the Genin will be grouped in 3 man squads, each squad will be led by a Jonin, and elite ninja."

"Well someone's gotta be in Sasuke's group. I wonder who?" I heard Ino comment.

"I don't know," Sakura replied.

My gaze deviated from the front, towards Sasuke. He looks annoyed. How will having people, who will help you, slow you down? Sheesh.

I looked back to the front as Iruka began to speak again.

"We want each squad to have a balance of strength and abilities. So that's how we set them up. I will now announce the squads."

He droned on and on. "Squad six: Midoka Matsuoka, Shiori Souma, and Shou Osamu. Squad seven: Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno, and Sasuke Uchiha."

Well, with it all evened out, I wouldn't think that an extra would be added on to squad seven. At least Naruto is happy to be with Sakura and she is happy to be with Sasuke.

"Next, squad eight: Hinata Hyuga, Kiba Inuzuka, Shino Aburame."

"Argggg! How did you get in his group?!"

Of course Ino would freak-out...

"I don't get it, what do you see in a guy like that?" Shikamaru questioned. "He's not so special."

"You are so beyond clueless, Shikamaru. Don't you get it?"

"No, I don't get it, cause I'm not a girl."

"You're so full of yourself. Jealousy's a terrible thing; I'd hate to be on your squad"

I mentally deadpanned. Says the one who is jealous of Sakura, for getting onto Sasuke's squad.

"Now squad ten: Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara,"

"Hah! Did you say something about hating to be on my squad?" Shikamaru took a shot at Ino.

"And Choji Akimichi."

"Ahh!" Ino cried out in despair.

"Those are all the squads." Concluded Iruka.

"Iruka-Sensei, why does a great ninja like me, have to be in the same group with a slug like Sasuke!?" Naruto called out, outraged.

I leaned my right elbow on the desk, covering the upper half of my face with my right hand and sighed softly.

"Hm... Sasuke had the best scores of all the graduating students." Iruka said in a matter-of –fact way.  He leaned forward. "Naruto, you had the worst scores."

The other students started laughing. I remained in the same position and stayed silent.

"To create a balanced group, we put the best student with the worst student."  Iruka explained.

Naruto growled in frustration.

"Just make sure you don't get in my way. Loser."  Was Sasuke's comment.

I lowered my head, keeping my elbow on the desk and my hand on my face.

Naruto looked furious as he growled again. "Hey! What did'ju say!"

"Hard of hearing Sasuke shot back.

 "Knock it off Naruto" Sakura interjected. She proceeded to order Naruto to sit down as the others continued to laugh.

Iruka decided to finish this by clearing his throat. "After lunch, you'll meet your new jonin teachers. Until then, class dismissed."

Next up: Rivalries of Strength and Love! With Unavoidable Bathroom Trips!

A/N: Yes, I plan on keeping team seven intact; what's the point of bringing in two new characters that work well together and split them up and/or force them onto a team with Sakura? That would be way too mean. Plus if Midoka replaced Sakura on team seven, she would have to quote and act like her all the time, or things could get pretty messed up. Nobody wants Midoka to become a Sakura clone (disturbed shiver) now do they?