Chapter 4: You Can Find Fire in Libraries!

Disclaimer!

Heather: “Everybody, with your fists raised high! Let me hear your battle cry tonight!”

*Running down a random street flailing her arms*

Heather: “Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Naruto! Stop chasing meeee!!!!”

Naruto: *In close pursuit of Heather* “I WILL CATCH YOU FOR STEALING MY CATCHPHRASE! BELIEVE IT!!!”

Heather: “NOOOO!!!! HE’S CATCHING UP!!! Quick, quick think of an escape plan!” *scrunches up face with her eyes closed in intense thought*

BAM!!!

Heather: “Owww! It hurts!!” *looks up at the sign pole she ran into and then gets a light bulb over her head* “Oohh Naruto! Lookie, lookie it’s a sign about a new type of ramen!!” *Points strait up at it*

Naruto: “REALLY!!” *stops and stares at the sign*

*Heather runs to a nearby store and hides in a barrel in front of it with her head poking up over the barrel’s edge, wearing the lid on her head like a hat, which it obviously isn’t*

Naruto: “HEYYYYY! YOU LIED! IT ONLY SAYS ‘Heather doesn’t own the Narutoverse or anything in it, including the hyperactive and ramen obsessed main character and she also has never owned a goldfish, unless you count the plushie one she named Goldie who likes to swim in the air cause he isn’t supposed to get wet due to the fact that he is a plushie and oh look! A car with shiny wheels! Sorry, random distraction! She also doesn’t own herself cause although she is a noun, is not a place (of course) or a thing! Therefore she is a person, and people can’t be owned!’ WHERE DID SHE GO!!”

*Heather is still in the barrel and the lid is now closed*

Naruto: *He continues booking it down the street* “I WILL FIND YOUUUU!!!”

Heather: *peeks out of the barrel with an evil toothy grin* “Heheheh…He’ll never find me in here…” *slowly sinks down in to the barrel again, still grinning* “Heheheheh…”

End Disclaimer!

Chapter 4: You Can Find Fire in Libraries!

I’m in a library! I'm in a library! Yay! A Library! I skipped down an isle towards a section on fire jutsu. Fire’s epic! I love fire! Fire, Fire, Fire!! I feel really happy and sing-song-y today!

I grinned as I pulled a couple large tomes off the shelf. Heheh, I’m gonna make a list of all the good jutsus I can find! And I'm gonna do it in…dun, dun, duh! A code! Bwahhahah! No one in Konoha can read Unknown script from Pokémon! Especially cause it’s written in correlation with English! Hehehe! Good thing ‘mom’ taught me to read Japanese! Cause everything here is in it. I grinned as I took notes.

Suddenly I felt a presence behind me, leaning over my shoulder. I jumped a foot out of my seat in surprise, ramming my shoulder into the unfortunate snoop’s jaw.

“Ah! Oops! Sorry! Are you okay?! Lemme look! Did I hurt you bad?!”

“No. I’m okay, I was just wondering why you’d be looking so intently at fire jutsus.” He rubbed his jaw.

I stopped ranting and blinked at him, suddenly realizing that it was Sasuke.

“Uhhh, hi!” What am I supposed to say?...

“I’m Sasuke. Uchiha Sasuke.” He smiled friendly.

I smiled back. “My name’s Midoka and I'm looking at fire jutsus cause I think they're cool.” Heheh, he smiled. It’s because he isn’t Emo. Yet.

He looked down at my notes in interest. “Is this a code?”

I crossed my arms and smirked, showing pride at my awesomeness for remembering it from Earth. “Yep! And I bet no one can crack it! Heheh, I bet even if I told the secret, they still wouldn’t have the skill to read it!” I waved my arms around randomly in excitement. Heheh, I'm so full of myself. I wonder whose ego will be bigger when he’s Emo, mine or his?

Sasuke looked at me skeptically. “If you say so…”

He so doesn’t believe me…

“… …”

“I do believe that we have both ran out of things to say…” I stated with an even expression.

His lips twitched up in a slight smile, and I couldn’t help the grin that spread across my face.

~^_^~

La, lala, lala, lala! I skipped down the road to my house, and paused at the entrance. Ya know what? I'm actually starting to think of this as home… I shrugged it off. It was bound to happen eventually.

I made my way upstairs to my room and dropped some of the books off in it, making sure to place them on the shelf that I had designated as the one for library books. I picked up the small clipboard that I had hanging off of the shelf’s side and recorded the books names, authors, when I took them out, and the due dates.

Nice and organized. Just the way I like it. I relaxed on my bed, looking at the ceiling. I’m glad that I was able to learn the basic clone, substitution and transformation jutsus all by myself. It was a bit difficult at first, but seeing as I knew how it felt to not have chakra on Earth; I just had to find what felt different about my body’s energy. After that, it was a piece of cake. Oh man, do I love Sundays. Uggh…we only get one day off of school each week. It figures that Sasuke would use it for training or research. I'm no better myself…

My eyes grew heavy and slowly drifted shut.

A little nap now and then wouldn’t hurt…

Next up: The Return of Zander!

A/N: Was this a good chapter? Comments are pleasant, constructive criticism is welcome, advice appreciated.  Vote if you liked it (Please? With super yummy colourful sprinkles on top?) and fanning… I’ll just leave it at that.